Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

1 minute ago, vikestyle said:

What would you think about going Ruiz at one of the 2 first round picks?

Little high for him but what have him play OG because not sure Bradbury could play OG?  He sad to say is a better center at the point of attack than Bradbury is.  I would not mind that honestly but passing on YGM, Epenesa or a top line corner or WR I would not be a fan of.  

Ruiz I think could be a good guard, and he has more versatility than Jonah Jackson or Simpson obviously but as a pure guard not sure he would be better than those two.  If we would have drafted Dalton Risner last year we would not be having this OG problem....  Hell he play OT, OG and C while at Kansas State, talk about versatility.  

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Can’t imagine coming away with two starters along the OL. I think we just have to accept one of Hill or Samia starting. Don’t forget we need a WR, slot CB, DE, DT, and probably another boundary CB if you don’t trust Hill and Hughes.

Hill I cannot see starting but Samia I think they believe he can start so that will help.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dc_vikingfan said:

With Gary running the offense I expect him to have full control of it. Gary has let rookies start before.

Honestly it's not like they prevented rookies from starting last year either. Bradbury started and Smith got plenty of playing time and do did mattison early on. Bisi got playing time once needed. That only one that didn't that maybe could have was Samia but i think he needed a redshirt year

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

There QB who is better than Cousins continues to sign below market contracts, which give them lots of additional room. We are not blessed the same way

Cousins cap number is actually 2.5 million less according to OTC than Brees. This isn't on Cousins

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

If we found a trade partner for Reiff , Bar or Rudolph and got one of them traded do we still take a dead cap hit?

Yes. Dead money is usually tied to the bonus money that a player has already been paid. Teams just spread it out over a few years to help the cap, but since it’s already been paid to the player the team is responsible for it. 

2 minutes ago, solidvikingfan said:

Yes, Rhodes dead money does still count were we to add him back to the roster.

Fudge. Not a fan of dead money. We need to learn to get rid of some players when they hit their peak. Hang on to others but with Zimmer being a secondary guru we show gave said goodbye to some of those guys years ago. Should have never resigned Rudolph either. I fell for his charms and now we're stuck with him and his 6.0 40 speed.

• Like 1

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

I still think Rudolph is pretty valuable. They should use him in the red zone more. He's also one of the leaders in the club house I think

He is somewhat but his best days are gone and he's earning too much for a guy that blocks 90% of the time.