GDT NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP: Packers @ San Francisco 49ers

squire12

17 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Playing with house money now. Everything should be on the table. Fake punts, end reverses, ******* field goal alley-oops I don't care. Take advantage of everyone's expectation that GB loses and take the training wheels off.

even Kevin King hanging onto a pick should be on the table!

• Like 1

Seattle played snaps with an extra lineman against S.F. I kinda like that idea. Might give a boost to get the run game going and also gives a chance to lean on their defense instead of getting punched in the mouth. If S.F is allowed to sit in that shell look it's all but over

11 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Seattle played snaps with an extra lineman against S.F. I kinda like that idea. Might give a boost to get the run game going and also gives a chance to lean on their defense instead of getting punched in the mouth. If S.F is allowed to sit in that shell look it's all but over

If Bryan is healthy they can use Veldheer.

I also liked that they used Sternberger as FB against Seattle. Would love to see that again with sternberger running routes out of the backfield.

10 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

First drive I believe. Which in a large way contributed to Bosa wrecking the game

Yep, whomever that back up was in that game was very ill prepared to handle Bosa (which is no shame, obviously) 

That being said, the matchup to watch in this one is on the interior more so than the edges. I assume that Bak and Bulaga will hold up reasonably well. 

3 hours ago, Jaire_Island said:

Last time D J Jones wrecked our Interior O Line. He is not going to play though.

Yeah, that sucks. Jones was awesome in that game, particularly on early downs. 

That being said, on pass rushing downs, I'm not sure it's better. With Ford back, that means on pass rushing downs, the interior is Buckner & Armstead. 

5 hours ago, Green19 said:

I think Gb needs to invite the SF dline in more. The best way to hurt them is to use their aggressive nature against them.

Gb honest did it a handful of times in the first matchup. Invite bosa and that dline up the field fast and hit quick stuff behind them. Get them thinking so then they won’t be as aggressive which will help the line for Rodgers to wait for a good double move.

Take a strength and use it against them. Become Brees and Brady... 1...2.. ball is out.

We are *super* over aggressive on the defensive front. Absolutely correct. A lot of teams have been able to take advantage of it. One  of the nicest surprises during the Vikings game was actually how disciplined we were, though that is a bit of an outlier compared to the other games we have played.