Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

Saints could be worried the Panthers are gonna take their top rated corner.  So it'll be interesting to see what spot in the top 10 they are trying to get.  If its 7, then I think it is for a CB.  Panthers don't want Mac Jones.

That would be beyond stupid. But the Saints have made some really bad trade ups in the past...and CB is a big need. I just hate when the Saints draft based on need and especially when future compensation is required.

Ya'll are acting like teams haven't traded up into the top 10 for CBs before.  It is absolutely possible CB is a target, especially considering they could potentially be skipping ahead of Dallas and Carolina, two teams who need and are interested in the top corners.

• Like 4

Just now, iknowcool said:

Ya'll are acting like teams haven't traded up into the top 10 for CBs before.  It is absolutely possible CB is a target, especially considering they could potentially be skipping ahead of Dallas and Carolina, two teams who need and are interested in the top corners.

This.

Especially given the reports of teams boards being smaller due to lack of tape/medicals. If you have a specific couple targets some teams may opt for quality over quantity.

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

Jane Slater is saying they are targeting something more substantial. Doesn't mean it's automatically a QB but it's likely. I guess OL or elite WR could be the other possibilities. 

2 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

From the mid to late 20s? I dunno. I need help thinking of them. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Saints are not trading into the Top 10 for a CB lol. That would be horrendous. Def want themselves some Justin Fields if he’s available. Great scheme fit. He’s like Drew Brees and Taysom Hill fused into the same person. 

Depends. They made a big jump for Davenport and frankly under this regime, I believe them to be the single most aggressive drafting team there is. 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

From the mid to late 20s? I dunno. I need help thinking of them. 

I meant to put non-QBs as trade-ups into the top 10 are relatively infrequent anyway.  Regardless back in 2012, while it wasn't in the 20s, Dallas traded up from 14th to 6th for a CB.  

Either way I just don't get why people are saying it HAS to be a QB.  Teams trade up for non-QBs every year.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

If your two guys are Horn / Surtain with a big drop, I think at the least you need to get into the top 11. Take out Dave G, and now you have to get into the top 10. 

They would have to go from 28 to 9. That's one helluva price to pay.

Speaking of Corners, could see something like this:

10. Cowboys - Patrick Surtain II (third most obvious pick in the draft behind JAX/NYJ)

13. Chargers - Jaycee Horn

17. Raiders - Caleb Farey

AFCW really gotta stop Mahomes

25. Jaguars - Greg Newsome II

28. Saints - Eric Stokes

I’ve been saying for weeks Stokes will go in the 1st. Tremendous Height-Weight-Speed guy and played pretty well this season.

Just now, SBLIII said:

They would have to go from 28 to 9. That's one helluva price to pay.

Depends on how people feel about this draft / next years draft. I mean, they are going to pay out the rear, don't get me wrong. And ultimately, I just don't think it's going to happen, but I don't think that anyone should doubt that FO's willingness to do it, even for a CB