Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

20 minutes ago, squire12 said:

It is a low point for sporting events.  

NCAA March madness is done.  Baseball is early in the season and 3-4+ weeks after opening day.  Basketball and NHL are winding down on their seasons and before the playoffs.  

NFL popularity, media coverage and the fantasy football, daily fantasy and ability to bet on where players go (over under, specific teams, etc) certainly makes for a big draw.

But, but I heard the NFL was dying?

50 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

By that logic, shouldn't the NBA Draft have even a portion of the publicity that the NFL does?

Mid summer activities vs early/mid spring?

NFL>>>>>> NBA in terms of popularity and ratings

NFL fantasy >>>>>> NBA fantasy

How many NBA draftees are foreign born?  How many NBA draftees are 1 year of college participation vs the 2+ years of college football?  

NBA playoffs end like 1-2 weeks before the draft happens.   NFL is 2+ months.

Its almost like there is not a lot in common

I keep thinking "the 9ers can't be dumb enough to go Mac Jones when they have Justin Fields staring them in the face, right?"

Then I remember that in the 2017 QB class (Mahomes/Watson), there was only one that Kyle Shanahan was interested in. And it was C.J. Beathard. 

• Like 1

Just now, .Buzz said:

It's a corner.

Doubt we trade up that high for a CB given our current QB room. Especially with Saints being linked to Mac Jones at the Senior Bowl with reports saying they had a "great meeting" with Jones, and his Pro Day being the only one I'm aware of the Sean Payton attended