Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Charlie Campbell's Final Mock tomorrow will be interesting. He's gotten the most picks right three years in a row and usually hits around 40-43%. I wonder who he will have the Niners picking. Sometimes he puts it up at Midnight, sometimes early in the AM. Right now he has Mac, but his Final Day Mock usually looks way different. 

Flipped to Trey. (edited)

Edited by Techbert
  • Like 1

Just now, N4L said:

Unfortunately the #3 pick can only be used on McCorkle 

Otherwise, why TF do you think that's who the niners will take? Lol 

Well, that's your egotist of a HC's choice, apparently. Our egotist of a HC would probably opt for Fields or Lance. 😉

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Well, that's your egotist of a HC's choice, apparently. Our egotist of a HC would probably opt for Fields or Lance. 😉

FTR, I am 99% confident that we take fields if the jets don't 

Just a quick mock, not an official one (my final one is in the mock section a few days back).

Something a little different than I usually do. Carolina for example. 

1. JAX - Trevor Lawrence

2. NYJ - Zach Wilson

3. SF - Trey Lance

4. ATL - Kyle Pitts

5. CIN - Ja'Marr Chase

6. MIA - Penei Sewell

7. WAS - Justin Fields (give up #19, 2022 1st, 2021 3rd, 2022 4th)

8. CAR - Micah Parsons

9. DEN - Patrick Surtain II

10. DAL - Jaycee Horn

11. NYG - Kwity Paye

12. PHI - Devonta Smith

13. LAC - Jaylen Waddle

14. MIN - Christian Darrisaw

15. NE - Mac Jones

16. ARI - Rashawn Slater

17. LV - Caleb Farley

18. MIA - Jayson Oweh

19. DET - Jaelan Philips

20. CHI - Rashod Bateman

21. IND - Trevon Moehrig

22. TEN - Elijah Moore

23. NYJ - Alijah Vera-Tucker

24. PIT - Teven Jenkins

25. JAX - Greg Newsome II

26. CLE - Jerimiah Owusu-Koramoah

27. BAL - Azeez Ojulari

28. NO - Eric Stokes

29. GB - Samuel Cosmi

30. BUF - Najee Harris

31. BAL - Kadarius Toney

32. TB - Zaven Collins

Still think Cincy takes Sewell and Miami takes Chase, but thought I'd mix it up this time. 

I also think Stokes sneaks in at the end of the 1st Round and have been pretty consistent with that. New Orleans, Buffalo, and Tampa Bay are all possible landing spots for him. 

8 minutes ago, N4L said:

FTR, I am 99% confident that we take fields if the jets don't 

That would be the smart move. I hope you're wrong, for obvious reasons. I think the first two picks are already locked in: Lawrence then Wilson.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

So what network is everyone watching on? I use to watch exclusively NFL Network when Mayock was on it. Now I rotate on a yearly basis. Did ESPN last year, will do NFL Network this year. 

I can't imagine not watching the draft on ESPN, like every year since 1980. ESPN is true class and clarity.

NFL Network is easily the worst specialized network I have ever seen. I don't have NFL Network anymore but I wouldn't watch it if I did. I'll never forgive them for that disgraceful tactic of tipping the picks, especially when Mayock was such desperate low class he would already know the name then pretend he was predicting it.

Rich Eisen has an admirable cause but otherwise his style is so juvenile he has no business on a network like that. Eisen's ongoing presence is symbolic of NFL Network caliber in general. 

3 hours ago, Awsi Dooger said:

I can't imagine not watching the draft on ESPN, like every year since 1980. ESPN is true class and clarity.

NFL Network is easily the worst specialized network I have ever seen. I don't have NFL Network anymore but I wouldn't watch it if I did. I'll never forgive them for that disgraceful tactic of tipping the picks, especially when Mayock was such desperate low class he would already know the name then pretend he was predicting it.

Rich Eisen has an admirable cause but otherwise his style is so juvenile he has no business on a network like that. Eisen's ongoing presence is symbolic of NFL Network caliber in general. 

ESPN true class? The same network whose draft coverage reveals to the world every drug problem and death of each prospect’s family?

• Like 2

I have a simple attitude about TV draft coverage. They are all bad. You don't want sensationalism? Go to another media. You don't want a producer telling the talent to get a tear rolling down a cheek? Go to another media. You DO want insightful analysis rather than a play-it-safe keep-it-in-the-fairway regurgitation of the same names over and over and over again? Go to another media. You don't want politics in your sports? Go to another media. You want genuineness? Definitely go to another media.

TV has a bunch of people who love draft coverage cuz they can say any old thing and be wrong 50% of the time talking about the impact that 80% of the draftees will never make, and get paid good money for it. The only challenge they have is being able to sleep at night.

TV is fine if you want the same tired clips of three or so plays looped when they talk about any player. It is fine if you want to hear words come out of the players' mouths and don't care it is orchestrated. It is fine as background noise that will jump in SOMETIMES with important trade news.

Berrybert keeps thinking I want to watch the draft, no matter what I say to explain it. I will have the TV on the background as I hop from website to website, depending on which ones are not crashing.

Edited by Techbert
  • Like 1