Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

So what network is everyone watching on? I use to watch exclusively NFL Network when Mayock was on it. Now I rotate on a yearly basis. Did ESPN last year, will do NFL Network this year. 

As much as I hate ESPN and what they've become, I'll probably watch it there. I generally like their draft coverage.

Unless Booger is there. Then I'm out and switching to NFL Network.

A lot of the hate on Jones is due to his non-track friendly physique, but I am reminded of the fat baseball pitcher who said you don't run the ball across the plate. Likewise, if you can get the ball to the wide receivers you don't have to beat the defenders in a footrace.

1 minute ago, Techbert said:

A lot of the hate on Jones is due to his non-track friendly physique, but I am reminded of the fat baseball pitcher who said you don't run the ball across the plate. Likewise, if you can get the ball to the wide receivers you don't have to beat the defenders in a footrace.

Nah, that just makes him an easy target for mockery. The "hate" is due to his underwhelming physical tools. They're fine for a guy projected to go in the 20 to 50 range, but he's being talked about as the #3 overall pick . . . a guy the 49ers would have traded three firsts to acquire.

• Like 2

Just now, jrry32 said:

Nah, that just makes him an easy target for mockery. The "hate" is due to his underwhelming physical tools. They're fine for a guy projected to go in the 20 to 50 range, but he's being talked about as the #3 overall pick . . . a guy the 49ers would have traded three firsts to acquire.

This is particularly important for me. 

It does bring in questions on his commitment, but we don't have enough data to judge that, so you kind of have to let that go

• Like 1

Just now, goldfishwars said:

Man nothing would depress me more than the Pats either coming out of the draft with a bum like Trask in the 2nd, or a trade for Jimmy G.

You draft fields, we will draft Lance, everyone happy 😊

• Like 1

Just now, goldfishwars said:

Man nothing would depress me more than the Pats either coming out of the draft with a bum like Trask in the 2nd, or a trade for Jimmy G.

Trask is your lord and savior.

Just now, Forge said:

This is particularly important for me. 

It does bring in questions on his commitment, but we don't have enough data to judge that, so you kind of have to let that go

Watching his workout video was also pretty funny.

• Like 1

Wouldn't sleep tonight if I'm 49er fans. Four stud QB Prospects in this draft, they are picking third, and unlike the Jags/Jets, no one knows which of Lance or Fields they will take. It's like unwrapping a great Christmas present on Christmas morning. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Wouldn't sleep tonight if I'm 49er fans. Four stud QB Prospects in this draft, they are picking third, and unlike the Jags/Jets, no one knows which of Lance or Fields they will take. It's like unwrapping a great Christmas present on Christmas morning. 

Until you open the present and find out you got homemade, itchy socks from your cat-lady aunt. I believe they are called McCorkles.

• Like 1