Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

Just now, tyler735 said:

Doubt we trade up that high for a CB given our current QB room. Especially with Saints being linked to Mac Jones at the Senior Bowl with reports saying they had a "great meeting" with Jones, and his Pro Day being the only one I'm aware of the Sean Payton attended

Agreed. I don't think it's for anything but a QB.

Just now, tyler735 said:

Doubt we trade up that high for a CB given our current QB room. Especially with Saints being linked to Mac Jones at the Senior Bowl with reports saying they had a "great meeting" with Jones, and his Pro Day being the only one I'm aware of the Sean Payton attended

Guess we'll see...

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

that's just stupid, lol. They aren't trading the pick anyway and the top 2 are obvious.

But apparently the Patriots are strongly considering going up to 4 depending on what happens with the SF pick. Stupid imo.

Just now, SBLIII said:

that's just stupid, lol. They aren't trading the pick anyway and the top 2 are obvious.

You're talking about a guy who traded up to #3 before completing evaluations because he was too paranoid about other teams even knowing he was looking at quarterbacks and now apparently likes 5 QBs which makes moving up to 3 for all that capital even sillier lol 

Saints would turn Fields into a stud. Perfect fit. Saints scheme values accuracy above all else, and Fields is the most accurate QB in this class. 

I could absolutely see Saints giving the absolute farm to the Lions at 7 for Justin Fields. 

3 minutes ago, The Third Rider said:

The Saint will never admit it's for a QB, they know they will lose whatever bidding war they get into. So throw the smoke screen that is for different a position.

If they trade up that high I really hope it's a QB. You just afford to blow that many resources on any other position. My second choice would be any combination of Sewell, Pitts, or Chase.