Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

6 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Definitely fits the hog-molly mold. Didn’t Gettleman just draft Dexter Lawrence last year? I can’t see them going to that well again. I think it’s Simmons or Wirfs.

And I think they keep Leonard Williams, right?

I think it will be Simmons or offensive line as well

28 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Definitely fits the hog-molly mold. Didn’t Gettleman just draft Dexter Lawrence last year? I can’t see them going to that well again. I think it’s Simmons or Wirfs.

Yeah, I'd be surprised. But Pauline seems to think it may happen.

Wirfs makes the most sense... although I'd like him to fall.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

He's on JAX radio and Pauline just said he's hearing Simmons is off the radar and a "good chance" Brown is NYGs guy. Otherwise Wirfs/OL.

Said based on what he's hearing Henderson's not making it out of the top 12.

There aren't many 6'1" 205 pound CBs with 4.3 speed, agility, and natural cover skills. Yes, C.J. protected himself in 2019, but he was also misused by Grantham. This is a kid who has Revis/Peterson type athletic potential. Okudah is easily the best CB in this class (and is an incredible CB). But I think Henderson is a strong prospect in his own right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

There aren't many 6'1" 205 pound CBs with 4.3 speed, agility, and natural cover skills. Yes, C.J. protected himself in 2019, but he was also misused by Grantham. This is a kid who has Revis/Peterson type athletic potential. Okudah is easily the best CB in this class (and is an incredible CB). But I think Henderson is a strong prospect in his own right.

It’s just so hard to mock him inside the top 12 with the WRs and OTs expected to fill most of those slots. Where are his landing spots? Jacksonville stands out to me the most. 

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

It’s just so hard to mock him inside the top 12 with the WRs and OTs expected to fill most of those slots. Where are his landing spots? Jacksonville stands out to me the most. 

He's in our top 16, no idea how high though.

Think we'd ideally move back a couple slots for him but if Pauline is right and he's that high on most people's boards you may need to pull the trigger there.

5 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I'm not expecting a bunch of WRs to go in the top 12 picks. This is a deep draft for WRs, and there isn't an absolute physical freak who would demand a top 10 pick. But I think a lot of WRs are getting drafted between pick #10 and the end of the first round.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

That's where I'd put him. Put a few pounds on him in a NFL S&C program, work on his blocking, and you might have quite the mismatch inside. Think he's too mechanical of a mover to separate consistently against NFL CBs. But he'll give safeties and LBs all sorts of problems.

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I don’t think he’s getting past the Raiders at 12. I think they’ll take him at 12 and potentially trade up with SF or Tampa to leapfrog Denver for a WR. 

• Like 1