Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

2 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

A diluted sample? Can someone explain to me why this is significant/bad?

When drug tested, some employees will drink so much water that the sample becomes diluted and the lab can't get a viable result.  It's frequently looked at as an attempt to not have a positive result which is why he explained it as trying to get his weight up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Clearly a bad character guy. Nobody should draft him before pick #52.

No team should take him before 52. He's a project off-ball LB. A good project, but still a project. 50's is about perfect for him. I don't see a 1st rounder.

Edited by Jeezla

40 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

No team should take him before 52. He's a project off-ball LB. A good project, but still a project. 50's is about perfect for him. I don't see a 1st rounder.

I hope you're right. I think he'll be an absolute stud of a 3-4 Mike. Can play all three downs. Huge potential as a blitzer. Legit cover skills. Great instincts. Can defend the run. Good athleticism. I'll be stoked if the Rams have a shot at him.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Pauline claiming the Giants love Derrick Brown at 4.

On one hand I can easily see this happening. Gettleman zigging when the media/draft twitter zags - and being the living meme of the draft. I guess that's because it happened already?

Then on the other hand I realize they already have Leonard Williams (DG traded a 2020 3rd round), Dexter Lawrence (DG drafted in the 2019 1st round), BJ Hill (DG drafted in the 2018 3rd round), and Tomlinson (former regime drafted in 2017 2nd round). Could "the sources" realize how hilarious this would be, so they're putting it into the universe just to get the reax? Lol who knows

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I hope you're right. I think he'll be an absolute stud of a 3-4 Mike. Can play all three downs. Huge potential as a blitzer. Legit cover skills. Great instincts. Can defend the run. Good athleticism. I'll be stoked if the Rams have a shot at him.

A team will almost certainly take him before 52 (Probably a team that thinks he can be another Yannick instead of an off-ball LB), I'm just saying I think that's where he should go. I don't see the same "stud" ceiling you do, but I think he could be a borderline pro-bowl LB if he hits it, like a slightly better Schobert. 

Derrick Brown is awesome.  That said, taking him before one of Simmons or Okudah would be lunacy.  I can at least see the argument if they want to go OT (Thomas and Wirfs are top tier prospects, and they need to protect their new franchise QB), but if they want Brown, they should trade down and take him.  Pretty sure it's pure smoke screen though.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

A team will almost certainly take him before 52 (Probably a team that thinks he can be another Yannick instead of an off-ball LB), I'm just saying I think that's where he should go. I don't see the same "stud" ceiling you do, but I think he could be a borderline pro-bowl LB if he hits it, like a slightly better Schobert. 

I think he's one of those guys that Bill Belichick would use to drive offenses crazy, like a Kyle Van Noy, Mike Vrabel, Jaime Collins, Adalius Thomas, etc. type. He's a legit hybrid Mike/EDGE. Will be an absolute terror to account for in the right scheme. He's a better talent than Schobert was. Better athlete, better rush talent, and just as good in coverage (if not better because of his superior speed and movement skills).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I think he's one of those guys that Bill Belichick would use to drive offenses crazy, like a Kyle Van Noy, Mike Vrabel, Jaime Collins, Adalius Thomas, etc. type. He's a legit hybrid Mike/EDGE. Will be an absolute terror to account for in the right scheme. He's a better talent than Schobert was. Better athlete, better rush talent, and just as good in coverage (if not better because of his superior speed and movement skills).

Strong possibility for the Bengals if he's there at 33.  The Bengals are running more and more 3-4 looks and Baun is a guy who could be a rusher/off ball hybrid that would fit what they started to do last year better than anyone they have now.  They wanted Lawson to be that, but he's too stiff to anything much more than rush the passer.

• Like 1