Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Only way I see Carolina not taking Brown is if Simmons or Okudah magically fall.  I guess you can never rule out OL if they have their choice of the top OT still (although I will be surprised if the Giants don't go OT at 4)

Brown is the guy I've had there for a little bit assuming Simmons doesn't fall.  We keep hearing Simmons to the Giants, but I still think an OT makes more sense there.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Only way I see Carolina not taking Brown is if Simmons or Okudah magically fall.  I guess you can never rule out OL if they have their choice of the top OT still (although I will be surprised if the Giants don't go OT at 4)

If the Giants go OT where does Simmons land in the top 6? I’m not sure I can find a spot for him other than NYG. 

Just now, goldfishwars said:

I'll say it, I think Dimitroff gets way too much of an easy pass. Some of his moves are just weird, always leaves that team short of depth. Moving up is fine if you're set, but that's a roster with plenty of holes to fill and you just spend a 2nd round pick on a 28 year old tight end who didn't pan out in a tight end friendly offense.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

This makes a lot of sense now. I was toying with Baltimore making the mega jump for Simmons if the Giants pass. Wonder if that’s the move for Atlanta or if they’re targeting Brown/Kinlaw/Okudah/Henderson 

16 minutes ago, mek5295 said:

This makes a lot of sense now. I was toying with Baltimore making the mega jump for Simmons if the Giants pass. Wonder if that’s the move for Atlanta or if they’re targeting Brown/Kinlaw/Okudah/Henderson 

Here's my feelings on the top 10.

Cincinnati - Joe Burrow.

Redskins - Chase Young.

Lions - Draft starts here.  I do think that Okudah and Young are at the top of the Lions' board in some order.  But I think the Lions are wanting to make a small trade down.  I think that they've got Young ranked ahead of Okudah, but I don't think they want to miss out on Okudah.  Don't see them willing to trade down past where the Chargers are picking.  I think the question is going to be how much are they asking.  If their demands include a '21 FRP, I think they're going to struggle to find a deal.  If they keep it to a '21 SRP then I think their chances of making a deal goes up.  I'd honestly expect the Chargers to be more inclined to move up than Miami.

Giants - Seems to be Isaiah Simmons or an OT here, Tristan Wirfs in particular here.  The rumblings were loud a few weeks prior to the draft a couple of years ago that the Giants wanted Saquon Barkley at 2.  And last year, the rumblings were that the Giants loved Daniel Jones.  Giants gave Blake Martinez good money this offseason, but it doesn't preclude them from taking Simmons.  Gettleman LOVES his fatties.  Of his 16 picks the last two years, 9 were used on lineman.  I'd probably lean Wirfs here.

Dolphins - I really do believe the Herbert over Tua smoke here.  It's been pretty consistent.  And I don't think they're inclined to move up the draft board either.  They spent all this time accumulating more picks.  I don't think they're going to suddenly want to undo this one.

Chargers - They need Tua, and Tua fits perfectly here.  Puts butts in the seats and he can sit behind Tyrod Taylor for a year like Anthony Lynn apparently wants.

Panthers - Really have absolutely ZERO vibes here.  Isaiah Simmons would fill the hole left by Kuechley, but beyond that I'm lost.  Don't think they go OL, but it's always a possibility. Thought WR might be a darkhorse pick prior to the Robby Anderson signing.

Cardinals - Thought they would go WR here, but the Nuk trade makes it unlikely.  Think they're almost assuredly going with a lineman.  I think this is Derrick Brown's floor, but they could entertain an OT here.

Jaguars - Think this is the first "shock" pick of the night.  I think they want Derrick Brown here, but if he goes off the board here I'd expect them to go with a DB.  C.J. Henderson seems to be getting the connection here.  Maybe Xavier McKinney if you want a real dark horse.

Cleveland - Going OL here you'd have to imagine.  Probably either Mekhi Becton or Andrew Thomas here.

TL;DR

1.) Cincinnati Bengals - Joe Burrow [QB; LSU]
2.) Washington Redskins - Chase Young [DE; Ohio State]
3.) Detroit Lions - Jeffery Okudah [CB; Ohio State] (LA Chargers?)
4.) New York Giants - Tristan Wirfs [OT; Iowa]
5.) Miami Dolphins - Justin Herbert [QB; Oregon]
6.) LA Chargers - Tua Tagovailoa [QB; Alabama] (Detroit?)
7.) Carolina Panthers - Isaiah Simmons [LB; Clemson]
8.) Arizona Cardinals - Derrick Brown [DT; Auburn]
9.) Jacksonville Jaguars - C.J. Henderson [WR; Florida]
10.) Cleveland Browns - Mekhi Becton [OT; Louisville]

27 minutes ago, mek5295 said:

Think Henderson and Kinlaw are really the only guys who are in play there IMO.  Won't be able to get up high enough for Okudah or Brown IMO.

30 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Hope to God this isn't based on actual info

Jordyn Brooks has a LOT of helium right now.  PFF is very high on him and there have been things bleeding out onto Twitter over the past week that NFL teams are much higher on Brooks than draft twitter.

In a poll of 17 NFL executives by The Athletic's Bob McGinn, Colorado WR Laviska Shenault was voted the likeliest wideout to be a draft bust.

Shenault received eight of the 17 votes, Baylor's Steven Mims got four, and Clemson's Tee Higgins received two to round out the top three in that poll.  Shenault underwent core-muscle surgery in late February after the Combine, and with the COVID-19 pandemic, teams haven't really been able to get their medical eyes on him.  “Mental and injury,” one scout replied when asked why Shenault was his choice to bust. “He’s always been the best guy on his team. You put him in one position and he’s just going to flounder. He’s head and shoulders in the bust factor above everyone else. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a big fall.”  Another scout compared Shenault to Cordarrelle Patterson in terms of his future NFL role.  "Little bit immature but, my God, is he big and powerful,” another scout said.  "He’s a power guy, and those guys play.”

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Hope to God this isn't based on actual info

Aren't Schrager's mocks always a little weird, though? IIRC, even last year he was putting guys in the first that didn't belong there. I'm not sure if he's using his mocks as a platform to highlight interesting prospects that aren't being talked about, or he just has a very different opinion on prospects than most.

Would love Laviska to fall to 77 for Denver, he does have tons of risk but the potential is through the roof as well. I would bet on him going after 50 rather than before though, his injury risk is real and right now he is closer to an ATH than a WR. He may not be a guy you can run a whole route tree through until year 3 IMO.