Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

They were present in the stands and had formal meetings, yes.

But they weren’t on the field putting them through drills for a week, exposing their personalities, seeing how they react to certain types of coaching, seeing how they apply it etc. And they weren’t in the daily team meetings with them installing a playbook, seeing who can pick up concepts quickly, who can retain information, etc. 

There’s a distinct advantage that goes into coaching the Senior Bowl, which is now amplified by a lack of hands on work during this limited offseason. I think that goes beyond the networking of a broad scouting staff. 

Plus, from an outsider's perspective - it doesn't seem like this it the Bengals from 10 years ago. It seems a much more sophisticated operation these days, even looking at some of the FA moves they pulled in the off-season. Those just weren't happening even three years ago. 

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Who out of these 4 guys would be best suited to slot in at RG in the pros in your opinion? Wilson? I could very easily see the Ravens replacing Yanda with one of them in R1.

Jones played some guard at the Senior Bowl and seemed to do pretty well there. I know PFF looked at Wilson as exclusively a guard, some of that due to his poor agility testing. Hadn't thought it until now, but Wilson's stock surge might solely be down to teams seeing him in that role in an otherwise not great interior class. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I think the Minshew hype is legitimate. He showed well enough last year to believe he has some untapped potential as a starter. Having said that, if someone unexpected fell into their lap they’d have to consider it. I think they’re more likely focused on retooling the defense, seeing what they have in Minshew, and possibly entering the Lawrence sweepstakes next year.

I kind of hate the whole "Minshew Mania" thing that came out as I feel like it hurt his prospects from an outside perspective. People think it was just a flash in the pan/hot streak and there wasn't legitimate reason to see potential for a long term fixture at QB.

The only guy that I could see them having to seriously consider if he fell is Tua, and even then I think that scares you a bit because if the medicals check out, why would Miami and LAC pass?

8 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Ceedee?

Tough to foresee Cleveland vacating that 10 spot which would pretty much secure them a premium tackle. 

I have a hunch Elway is after Ruggs. The one knock on Ruggs is he’s ideally suited as your #2 receiver and the Broncos are the only one of the three (Jets/Raiders) who can afford him to be a #2. 

19 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

The only guy that I could see them having to seriously consider if he fell is Tua, and even then I think that scares you a bit because if the medicals check out, why would Miami and LAC pass?

This.  I have a hard time seeing the Chargers passing on Tua, so I don't think Tua will be on the board at 9.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Scouts man...

The actual quote was that he likes to cook more than he likes football.  Meaning they questioned his passion for the game, and it wasn't just a shot calling him fat.  Becton legitimately is really into cooking.

• Like 1