Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

On 4/12/2023 at 3:59 PM, Dr A W Niloc said:

He seems a little socially awkward, like a natural introvert overcompensating.

This is, I believe, a product of the amount of attention Joe Burrow has received for his extroverted off-field behavior, though in fairness he backs it the heck up.  Also a contributing factor is societally, "getting a response/reaction/attention" means "winning" in the effort (to avoid going down a political vein, I won't attribute the quote to who is actually responsible for it) - and yeah, like you said, we end up with a lot of overcompensating and peacocking to mask personality shortcomings (or at least what the individual perceives to be a shortcoming).  I mean, look at Zach Wilson for no lesser example.

27 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

LOL Glad I invested at +350 and +250 just a few weeks ago...

When big trades are made in the draft, it's an amazing time to pounce on some betting action. After the 49ers trade, Trey Lance was like +550 at one point. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

When big trades are made in the draft, it's an amazing time to pounce on some betting action. After the 49ers trade, Trey Lance was like +550 at one point. 

That's when the "going with your gut" comes into play. In that instance it felt off that a team would trade the house for a QB prospect of Mac Jones' caliber. It always felt like a homerun-type swing.

Same thing with Carolina. Bryce Young is the unanimous #1 overall pick and suddenly he's 2nd fiddle because the HC has a size preference?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

That's when the "going with your gut" comes into play. In that instance it felt off that a team would trade the house for a QB prospect of Mac Jones' caliber. It always felt like a homerun-type swing.

Same thing with Carolina. Bryce Young is the unanimous #1 overall pick and suddenly he's 2nd fiddle because the HC has a size preference?

Of course, all the Lance doubters, myself included, look right so far on that call.  My gut was right, Shanahan's wasn't, lol.

IIRC, I believe I gave them an F for that pick.

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Rumor szn in full-swing.

That's probably true. Players like Levis and Richardson are going to have huge grade spectrums across organizations depending on where they're at and their risk tolerance. You're either going to love or hate them. Unless we know who those three teams are (assuming the rumor is true), it's quite meaningless.

I guess that's a long winded way of saying does that really surprise anyone?

4 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Rumor szn in full-swing.

If any of those three teams don't have a 1st round grade on Richardson don't have a stable franchise QB situation then I think I already know thier QB evaluation in their FO is fully off.

He has a lot of tools there to work with, if thats not enough for your coaching staff to confident to develop then that's a knock on you.

Once again I believe a lot of these guys success will be going into a good situation and if this rumour is true it only cements that

Edited by canadaluvsdallas