Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

1 hour ago, chiefs82 said:

I see the 2nd scenario more realistic; get the defensive player you want @2; trade up If one of the QBs falls to like 8

Heres the problem, the Texans dont need to be prioritizing a defensive player over finding their franchise QB. I dont care if Anderson gets 13 sacks a year, it will never be close to the weekly difference a franchise QB can make with winning and losing.

Being passive trying to find a QB because you care about a edge rusher and hoping one falls into your laps 10 picks later is GM malpractice lol

Will Anderson isnt winning and losing you games every week, your QB is

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

I heard on one of the podcasts that i listen to (maybe underdog) say something similar about McNair being involved. 

That's almost never a good sign though, not going to lie. 

If McNair is involved, then it’s likely he wants the team to take a QB

51 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I could be wrong but this "might" lead me to believe Stroud is the pick at 2.  The owner knows how much the fans want a QB and every single time the Texans twitter account tweets, its nothing but CJ Stroud comments.  He might feel pressured to take him now.

We, as fans, underestimate how hard GMs try to just keep their jobs when making picks. If you listened to Steve Keim at all these past 2 weeks, you realize a lot of answers/justifications he gave for things he did as GM boiled down to just job security. Job security is also pleasing your boss, who as a GM is the owner. I think that factors in a decent amount for what the Texans do at 2.

• Like 1

Just now, minutemancl said:

We, as fans, underestimate how hard GMs try to just keep their jobs when making picks. If you listened to Steve Keim at all these past 2 weeks, you realize a lot of answers/justifications he gave for things he did as GM boiled down to just job security. Job security is also pleasing your boss, who as a GM is the owner. I think that factors in a decent amount for what the Texans do at 2.

True. On the other hand, you can play the QB waiting game for so long. There's maybe only 1 truly no-brainer QB prospect every 5 years or so. At some point you need to take a chance on a guy you like. Thats how the Texans got Deshaun in the first place (it was a pretty meme'd pick at the time).

23 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Which is why I’m happy Sheild Ford Hamp came in and just lets Brad Holmes work and do his job. 

Things are starting to really clear up. According to the odds, we finally have favorites for the Top 6 picks. Before, it was just Bryce as a favorite for #1. 

- Bryce is a lock for #1. 

- Will Anderson Jr. has become the favorite for Pick #2. Texans did a great job with everyone thinking Stroud, Wilson, Levis. But it looks like they have zeroed in on Anderson. 

- CJ Stroud has become a pretty decent favorite at pick #3. The question is, who’s trading up? Titans? Raiders? Falcons? Huge shocker like Washington? 

- Will Levis and Anthony Richardson have become co-favorites for #4. 

- Jalen Carter has become a decent favorite at #5. However, I still think they are picking Richardson if he’s there. 

- Devon Witherspoon is a small favorite to go #6. 

- Pick #7 doesn’t have a favorite, but Gonzalez leads the charge. 

Gonzalez +250

Paris Johnson +300

CJ Stroud +400

If Stroud isn’t there, looks like Gonzalez or Johnson is the pick. Most likely Gonzalez. 

My draft hot takes:

Young will succeed and be a top 8ish QB for his career.

Richardson will boom if he lands in Detroit and win an MVP in Year 3 (2025)

Levis busts, and so does Stroud (Stroud is a good prospect, but not all good prospects succeed. Law of averages. How will he manage with a bad team that can't form a wall around him with elite WRs from 1-5 on the depth chart?)

Zay Flowers is WR1

Jalin Hyatt downright busts

Skoronski doesn't need to kick inside and can be a staple at LT for his career

Darnell Washington will have the best career out of the TEs in the class and will be the only one to make an All-Pro

The Texans should wait until the #1 pick is in, then trade back.

Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson will be the steal of the draft in the 4th round

Joey Porter Jr. will be a mediocre CB but become a top 10 Safety.

There is no "Brock Purdy" in this draft.

Calijah Kancey busts.