Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

There's a difference between being not being a QB away from contending, and being so disastrously devoid of talent that any QB drafted there sans a Caleb Williams is going to be ruined by the absolutely atrocious supporting cast, and likely flops of a coaching staff. New England should look to acquire as much future capital as possible. Tank this whole season. 

Well, tanks don't really happen, so that's not reliable.  And so far, the QB class next year isn't that impressive.  Certainly no one looks as good as Maye did before this season.

If you're a GM, and you have your shot at a QB and you don't take it, you better be right about them.  If they turn into even a marginally decent starter, then your owner is gonna start calling you calendar because your days are numbered.

1 minute ago, goldfishwars said:

He is for me, was unblockable in the final stretch of the season. Some of the most impressive film I've seen from any interior prospect. 

Yeah, I get saying Newton had better tape overall.  He did.  But it's not like it was by some huge margin, and Young flashed every ability as a run stuffer and as an outstanding interior pass rusher that you would want to see.  We were saying he was maybe the best interior pass rusher in the class before he went out and killed the combine.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Daniel said:

If you're a GM, and you have your shot at a QB and you don't take it, you better be right about them.  If they turn into even a marginally decent starter, then your owner is gonna start calling you calendar because your days are numbered.

See the thing is, with that organization in the state is now. Any QB that goes there is dead on arrival, even if they'd succeed elsewhere.

Really think Fuaga is legit, but what a dumb move that would be for the Rams.  Could stick and pick Verse, DeJean, or Turner but instead trade up for a OT which might sit the bench this season.  

1 hour ago, Danger said:

See the thing is, with that organization in the state is now. Any QB that goes there is dead on arrival, even if they'd succeed elsewhere.

First of all, I don't think that's remotely true.  Very few QBs would be ruined their rookie year.

And if it's that bad, bench him for a few games.  There's your "tank."  Top end QBs are almost always on terrible teams.  He's not going to die, and he's not going to be completely ruined by one year on a bad squad.

42 minutes ago, Daniel said:

First of all, I don't think that's remotely true.  Very few QBs would be ruined their rookie year.

And if it's that bad, bench him for a few games.  There's your "tank."  Top end QBs are almost always on terrible teams.  He's not going to die, and he's not going to be completely ruined by one year on a bad squad.

Who said anything about just his rookie year? Why should I believe in  Dill Delichik (Jerod Mayo) any more than I believed in Bill? If anything Bills underlings were shown to be even more incompetent than he's been the last few years. They have no talent, and their coaching staff gives me zero reasons to believe they'll be able to develop anyone let alone a young QB. Even if they can, with the current state their roster is in, they'd be lucky to have a mediocre supporting cast by the rookie QB's 3rd season.

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

21. MIAMI DOLPHINS - ZACH FRAZIER, OL, WEST VIRGINIA
23. LOS ANGELES CHARGERS - MIKE SAINRISTIL, CB, MICHIGAN
30. BALTIMORE RAVENS - DARIUS ROBINSON, EDGE, MISSOURI

21. Among centers, there's little or no chance Zach Frazier goes before Jackson Powers-Johnson.

23. Mike Sainristil is a nickelback. He's not going in the first round.

30. In spite of what the mighty internet says, Darius Robinson isn't really an edge guy. He was a 5-technique end in a 4-3 under defense (similar to a 3-4). However, the Ravens could still use him; Broderick Washington might not be starting material.

3 minutes ago, Mr.UFO said:

21. Among centers, there's little or no chance Zach Frazier goes before Jackson Powers-Johnson.

23. Mike Sainristil is a nickelback. He's not going in the first round.

30. In spite of what the mighty internet says, Darius Robinson isn't really an edge guy. He was a 5-technique end in a 4-3 under defense (similar to a 3-4). However, the Ravens could still use him; Broderick Washington might not be starting material.

Sainristil is the sort of guy that I think Harbaugh will want him on his team in the NFL like a college.

Frazier is a weird one but there’s a lot of rumours that the NFL prefers him to JPJ. This is a predictive mock not what I would personally do.

There have been whispers of Sainristill sneaking into the first for about 2 weeks now. Despite his size, he's a true ball hawking, playmaking nickel that plays the run super well. Those guys are super rare right now. 

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Id honestly be much happier with Paul at 30 than a guy like Jordan Morgan who is consistently mocked in that part of the draft 

Yeah Patrick Paul is definitely better than Morgan in my opinion. Ready-made starting NFL LT. 

• Like 1