Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

I will say that Alt has been [slightly] overrated throughout the process. Wouldn't stun me at all if teams didn't have him as OT 1. Don't get me wrong, he's a top 10 caliber pick but Alt to Titans at 7 has been mocked so frequently that I don't think people have really given him as critical an eval as the other lineman.

20 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

I will say that Alt has been [slightly] overrated throughout the process. Wouldn't stun me at all if teams didn't have him as OT 1. Don't get me wrong, he's a top 10 caliber pick but Alt to Titans at 7 has been mocked so frequently that I don't think people have really given him as critical an eval as the other lineman.

He is behind Fashanu for me. I think Olu has a much better chance to cancel out speed rushers than Alt does. I do see why Alt is considered #1 by most though, as his “bad” tape is significantly smaller and forgivable than Fashanu’s. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

NFLN still has Jeremiah saying "Johnny Newton" and the screen saying "Jer'Zhan Newton".  Are they going to fix this before the draft?  Stay tuned.

Jer'Zhan is his name and Johnny is his nick name. Both correct to the best of my knowledge.

4 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

NFLN still has Jeremiah saying "Johnny Newton" and the screen saying "Jer'Zhan Newton".  Are they going to fix this before the draft?  Stay tuned.

His real name is Jer'Zhan, but people are calling him Johnny. Either is correct.

36 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

“First round grade” is subjective from team to team 

Yes, and the difference in those figures between those two teams is interesting

Just now, Forge said:

Yes, and the difference in those figures between those two teams is interesting

I’m just saying, they could literally have the exact same opinion of all of them as players but one team have 15 first round grades and another have 22. Could be that the Giants require you to be a projected pro bowl level player in year 1 to have a first round grade whereas the Niners just need you to be a starter. It’s largely to do with the fact that the Giants are usually picking top 15 and the Niners are not hence the higher threshold.

Honestly I’m not a big fan of assigning a round to a player at all because one year a 77 grade player (really good day one backup and eventual starter) will be the 18th best player in the draft and the next year he’ll be the 72nd - extreme example but there’s a guy who can be a 1st round pick or a 3rd rounder purely based on the relative draft classes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

I’m just saying, they could literally have the exact same opinion of all of them as players but one team have 15 first round grades and another have 22. Could be that the Giants require you to be a projected pro bowl level player in year 1 to have a first round grade whereas the Niners just need you to be a starter. It’s largely to do with the fact that the Giants are usually picking top 15 and the Niners are not hence the higher threshold.

Honestly I’m not a big fan of assigning a round to a player at all because one year a 77 grade player (really good day one backup and eventual starter) will be the 18th best player in the draft and the next year he’ll be the 72nd - extreme example but there’s a guy who can be a 1st round pick or a 3rd rounder purely based on the relative draft classes. 

Ahh, I gotcha. Hadn't really thought of it that way. Was just thinking about the opinions for so than the thresholds, but that is a good point 

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

If a team drafts Latham over Alt, that is fire-worthy, for me.

Seen the comment above that maybe alt has been overrated, and perhaps, but I am one of those in that case. He’s incredible 

I’m with you. He’s not flawless and sure there’s things he needs to work/improve on, but I personally wouldn’t label him overrated. He’s checked all the boxes you want for a top prospect.

Elite measurables/Elite athlete testing/Great game film/Top or near the top of analytical OL grades, stats/Experience(33 career starts)/Comes from NFL pedigree/Went to school known for producing high quality NFL OL/High character/Young with room for growth

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

schrager has 6 qbs in the top 13. nix at 12 to the broncos. he thinks the rams trade down twice in the first and out of the first. jesus. no first round pick again!?

I just can't imagine a scenario where 6 teams feel that good about the QB who drops to them. There are not 6 NFL quality QBs in this draft