Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Wouldn’t it be pretty foolish to accept a trade pre-draft unless we get crazy high value for the pick? It would have to be stellar. Picks are great but if someone fell into your lap that you didn’t expect but you traded it would look awful for a team desperate for blue chip talent

Yeah, no teams agree to a trade that low pre-draft.Teams have elite/can't pass up players on their board. If one falls they're not trading it.

Same goes for ATL. Say they're trading up to 9 for a corner, what if Okudah goes #3 and Henderson #7? The Falcons are still going to be fine giving up capital when they maybe don't have another target? No...

55 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm still shocked there are people who don't see Thomas as OT1.  I can at least see the argument with Wirfs, but Thomas is the clear top choice to me.

I think there are more people worried about Becton's weight than is being let on.  Same with Isaiah Wilson.

Murray is an A+ human and leader.  My biggest question is why didn't Oklahoma use an athlete like that in coverage at all?

Bectons weight concerns me too. 360+ is an awful lot and I’m not saying its bad weight or anything but thats alot for his lower half to balance and keep injury free

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Bectons weight concerns me too. 360+ is an awful lot and I’m not saying its bad weight or anything but thats alot for his lower half to balance and keep injury free

This is nitpicking. The dude is like 17% body fat. He carries his weight as well as anyone.

Just now, minutemancl said:

This is nitpicking. The dude is like 17% body fat. He carries his weight as well as anyone.

He carries it well now.  How long are the joints and ligaments going to hold up under that kind of weight though?  And that assumes he doesn't get any bigger.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, no teams agree to a trade that low pre-draft.Teams have elite/can't pass up players on their board. If one falls they're not trading it.

Same goes for ATL. Say they're trading up to 9 for a corner, what if Okudah goes #3 and Henderson #7? The Falcons are still going to be fine giving up capital when they maybe don't have another target? No...

There won't be any trades before draft day, unless it's Washington, since pick #1 is already a foregone conclusion.

2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

He carries it well now.  How long are the joints and ligaments going to hold up under that kind of weight though?  And that assumes he doesn't get any bigger.

Trent Brown is 6'8 359. McKinney was 6'8 355.

He'll be fine barring something freaky happening that no team can predict.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Trent Brown is 6'8 359. McKinney was 6'8 355.

He'll be fine barring something freaky happening that no team can predict.

Trent Brown has 2 full seasons played in his first 5.  Bryant McKinnie is kind of the exception that proves the rule.  And even he was done once he hit his mid 30's.

• Like 1

Just now, THE DUKE said:

Trent Brown has 2 full seasons played in his first 5.  Bryant McKinnie is kind of the exception that proves the rule.  And even he was done once he hit his mid 30's.

Becton is 21, so you're saying he'll be good for 11-12+ years? I think any team is fine with that.

Not sure you can chalk up Brown's size as to why he hasn't been healthy either. Things happen. He also isn't the pure athlete/in the shape Becton is. Becton is a freak.

5 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

The thing is, it only takes one team to prove the public right or wrong on a players projected draft slot. 

What if Oakland was the only team to rate Ferrell that high? What if they didn’t take him and traded back to 15? Could he still be there? Possibly. What if Buffalo was picking at 3? Maybe they preferred Oliver to Williams and would have made the pick, securing Oliver’s top 3 status. What if the Giants passed on Jones first at 6th overall and came back to take him with their second FRP?

We just don’t know.

EDIT: Just to add to this, by all reputable accounts the Bengals were ready to take Andre Dillard at 11 in 2019. It just so happens Jonah Williams was unexpectedly on the board. Dillard then fell all the way to 22. Does that mean the public perception was wrong considering Dillard was getting top 10 hype leading up to the draft?

Exactly. It is the reason that a draft slide is much more significant than a rise. When a player is sliding -- especially a full round or more from projected -- it means the entire league is in agreement.

Contrast to a player who is picked considerably earlier than estimated. That could be nothing but an outlier, merely one team with a vastly different view.