Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

What is the appeal of Justin Herbert? I really need to know.

At the start of the year we were all talking about how he missed out the chance to go high in the first round, he has obviously regressed but he had one good senior bowl (lol) and a nice workout and now he's top 5 again? 

18 minutes ago, football guy said:

Sometimes teams throw the value chart out when you're talking about such a monumental move up for a QB. 

I would think MIA would have to add an additional pick (maybe 2021 2nd). But that's a hard deal to pass up if you're DET and that option is really on the table. People forget that this is a very deep draft, especially in the 20-50 range. A lot of different various one can come up with but... 

• 1(18) DL Javon Kinlaw  
  • 1(26) RB D'andre Swift 
  • 2(39) CB Trevon Diggs

or 

• 1(3) DL Derrick Brown / CB Jeff Okudah

Give me Epenesa over Swift and Noah I over Diggs and I'm making the deal.

Just now, paul-mac said:

Why? It'd be the same QB, whereas they might lose the T that they want.

So what would you rather do: take your favorite OT and risk losing your top QB to a team that moves up with the NYG with your consolation being your 3rd favorite QB, or take your top QB available and risk losing your top OT to the team drafting 4th with your consolation being your 2nd favorite OT?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paul-mac said:

Why? It'd be the same QB, whereas they might lose the T that they want.

Other way around, you have three tackles near the same skill level in this draft, Washington takes Chase Young, then the Fins take their QB, the Giants then take one of the 3 T's on the board and then you've still got two great prospects available to you.

On the other end, the Chargers could trade up to fourth or third (doubt it) and pick the QB that the Dolphins want.

5 minutes ago, Drained said:

Gonna be honest, I don't care how high you are on Wirfs or Wills. That seems incredibly stupid. You don't know how far Mekhi Becton is gonna fall or what the asking price for Trent Williams is. 

I don't disagree. If I'm the Dolphins I look at this draft uniquely in the way that there is enough quality to get long term franchise players going into Round 2 and I take advantage of that..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Drained said:

Other way around, you have three tackles near the same skill level in this draft, Washington takes Chase Young, then the Fins take their QB, the Giants then take one of the 3 T's on the board and then you've still got two great prospects available to you.

On the other end, the Chargers could trade up to fourth or third (doubt it) and pick the QB that the Dolphins want.

You’re assuming they value the three tackles equally. I think they love Wills to fit with Tua. 

Just now, paul-mac said:

You’re assuming they value the three tackles equally. I think they love Wills to fit with Tua. 

I'm just saying that if you lose Wills, you know you have Wirfs, Thomas or Becton who to be honest you won't be displeased with. 

2 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Pardon 

Don’t they have a top 10 LT in Jake Matthews and they just took McGary for RT last year? Why does everyone seem to want a tackle.

At this rate the top 10 is just gonna be Burrow and Young and then 8 offensive tackles