New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

And some people will still blame the defense. 

Yep, the (Raiders)defense made him not see open receivers or running lanes. The (Raiders)defense made him too scared of contact. The (Raiders)defense made him throw it away

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Because he has played like a Bottom 10 QB for 3 years bro. Don’t show me box scores, easily manipulated these days. Even Mariota has good box scores and he’s Bottom 3 QB. Carr has good box scores cause he dinks and dunks and throws way short of the chains on 3rd down. He’s been a Bottom 10 QB since 2017, easily. 

Classic prisoner of the moment, after week 11 you said he was a top 12-15 QB. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

Meh iirc people were just happy carr didn’t crap his diaper. He just had to manage the game and not lose the game by making boneheaded plays. Carr isn’t bottom 3 I’d say top 22-25. 

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

And some people will still blame the defense. 

Well we've had a bottom 10 defense for about 16 out of the last 17 years so.....yeah. Until we have a top 10 defense we can't even argue what games would look like with DC. We've literally never seen that before.  If we had a top 10 defense last season we probably would've won 10 games easily. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

Yep, the (Raiders)defense made him not see open receivers or running lanes. The (Raiders)defense made him too scared of contact. The (Raiders)defense made him throw it away

The Raiders defense ranked 24th in the league. Maybe if they could produce turnovers we would've won more games. But yeah you're right, DC should've forced more fumbles and caught more interceptions and stopped the passing game of the other teams. Why blame the defense when we hate Carr right!?! Makes sense bro. Another great analysis right here. 

8 hours ago, Dessie said:

He was making full reads, throwing deep, and throwing beyond the 3rd down marker. I’m not a “Hey Carr always sucks” or “Hey Carr is our QB no matter what” guy. I’m not a hater or a fanboy. Objectivity and no bias is a good trait to have. Carr played well at that time. Was technically the best QB in football during those four football games. Then he reverted right back to no progressions, throwing short of the chains, and playing completely scared. It was the same old Derek Carr once the Jet game started. And honestly, he was pretty bad against the Bengals as well. 

So if Derek Carr is doing what he is SUPPOSE to do for four games in a row, playing fantastic football those four games, I’m not allowed to like him? I’m not allowed to call him a Top 15 QB with that stretch? I’m suppose to still hate on him? I would of been labeled a hater if I said anything negative about him during that stretch and rightfully so. 

He had a great four game stretch, and I thought he had turned a corner. He didn’t. I won’t be fooled again. 

Basically saying pick a side and stay on one side and don’t look at things objectively? Makes so much sense!! Close mindedness and one sidedness, such an amazing trait to have! Such a smart one aren’t you? Carr was a completely different QB those four games. 

Wanna share any insight or opinion you’ve ever showed on this forum? Your entire post history is one sentenced passive aggressive statements towards posters. I may deliver controversial opinions on this subforum (and it’s only controversial in this subforum with people having tons of bias about Carr/other players) and that’s what they are, opinions, that can be disagreed with. At least I contribute to discussion unlike you, nothing but a passive aggressive troll with your one liners. You’ve never made a contributory post your entire history on this forum. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I will revisit this thread next season and will make a mass quote.

This is a passive aggressive and beta male thing to do. Never once have I done this or else my post count would be double. 

Back when the Colts were on their high horse and 6-3 or whatever, everyone was calling them a Top 3 seed no question what so ever, Jacoby Top 10-12 QB 100%, etc. I said they’d finish 8-8 and Jacoby is Bottom 10 QB trash that is ultra conservative. I got mauled like 15+ quotes/attacks. Said before season Tannehil would take over for Mariota Mid Season, lead them to a 9-7 wildcard berth, win at least one playoff game, got called an idiot by most people including Titan fans. Did I go back and quote them? Hell nah. Accept that you were always right and move on like a real man. 

Edited by BayRaider

Just now, BayRaider said:

This is a passive aggressive and beta male thing to do. Never once have I done this or else my post count would be double. 

Back when the Colts were on their high horse and 6-3 or whatever, everyone was calling them a Top 3 seed no question what so ever, Jacoby Top 10-12 QB 100%, etc. I said they’d finish 8-8 and Jacoby is Bottom 10 QB trash that is ultra conservative. I got mauled like 15+ quotes/attacks. Said before season Tannehil would take over for Mariota Mid Season, lead them to a 9-7 wildcard berth, win at least one playoff game, got called an idiot by most people including Titan fans. Did I go back and quote them? Hell nah. Accept that you were always right and move on like a real man. 

Haha my man @Dessie is the master of bringing up old quotes lol. He's savage with it. 

I remember being one of the first posters on here questioning Carr at a time when it was blasphemy back in 2016. Now today i would say maybe 80% of Raider fans have turned on Carr and see him for what he is. It would be weak of me to go back and quote everyone who disagreed with me when i was saying it was wimpish of Carr to only run plays out of a shotgun when he hurt his wittle pinky in 2016, so i don't do that.

At the end of the day, we are all passionate Raider fans who want whats best for the team. And i have no problem admitting when im wrong. But to throw old quotes in someone's face a year or years later is kinda weak.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jerry said:

Well we've had a bottom 10 defense for about 16 out of the last 17 years so.....yeah. Until we have a top 10 defense we can't even argue what games would look like with DC. We've literally never seen that before.  If we had a top 10 defense last season we probably would've won 10 games easily. 

Not True if you not scoring points in the 2nd half of games.

• Like 1

Just now, raidr4life said:

Not True if you not scoring points in the 2nd half of games.

Yup, we were Bottom 5 in 2nd half points each of the last two years. 5th worst in 2018 (9.2) and 2nd worst in 2019 (7.2). Funnily enough, each team that ranked below us in that category in 2018 replaced their starting QB the next year in 2019. Denver is the only team that barely scored less than us per game in the 2nd half this past year and they had 3 different starters at QB during this past year.

Edited by SilverNBlackFan

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Haha my man @Dessie is the master of bringing up old quotes lol. He's savage with it. 

I remember being one of the first posters on here questioning Carr at a time when it was blasphemy back in 2016. Now today i would say maybe 80% of Raider fans have turned on Carr and see him for what he is. It would be weak of me to go back and quote everyone who disagreed with me when i was saying it was wimpish of Carr to only run plays out of a shotgun when he hurt his wittle pinky in 2016, so i don't do that.

At the end of the day, we are all passionate Raider fans who want whats best for the team. And i have no problem admitting when im wrong. But to throw old quotes in someone's face a year or years later is kinda weak.

Only pointing out the contradiction in his comments from 2 months ago.

If you are going to throw out comments out like ‘ Carr has been a bottom 10 QB for the last 3 years’ then you are leaving yourself wide open for scrutiny.