DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Nervous yet @Forge ?

I predicted us to lose by 2 scores, I'm about the coolest cucumber in the fridge. I would have picked us against anyone else in the AFC, including Baltimore. I despise the KC matchup, though. I just don't think it's a good one. I assume that it'll be a 3-10 point game with KC in control for most of it, then KC ices it with a late score to put them up 10-17 points to finish it off. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I predicted us to lose by 2 scores, I'm about the coolest cucumber in the fridge. I would have picked us against anyone else in the AFC, including Baltimore. I despise the KC matchup, though. I just don't think it's a good one. I assume that it'll be a 3-10 point game with KC in control for most of it, then KC ices it with a late score to put them up 10-17 points to finish it off. 

As Gene Starwind once said:

"Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands"

Just imagine Jimmy G saying those words though instead...I guess.

14 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I always enjoy the ride. I get to let the crazy out for three hours, and then this all goes back to being what it is- a game that means very little in the greater scheme of things

• Like 2

Good luck on both sides today guys. Both teams deserve to be here and fans on both sides should be thrilled and proud. This is also a tremendous matchup on paper for everyone. Best since NE vs Sea for sure. I’m hoping for an amazing football game. Maybe better than that since we don’t have NE. 

Anyways, onto predictions. 

I did have my prediction at 34-31 49ers but with 94% on the Over (absolutely crazy) I’m gonna say the Under hits. Maybe some questionable holding penalties. 

Prediction: 29-24 49ers win. 49ers are down by 1 point 24-23 and score a TD with 1:30 left to go ahead 29-24. 49ers do not convert the 2pt conversion. Mahomes gets sacked next drive and eventually turn over on downs. 

I have no idea who will win Super Bowl MVP but I’ll go ahead and say Jimmy Garroppolo. 237 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, game winning drive. 

Mahomes final stat line 342 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT. 

I see the 49ers as the most complete team. One of the most complete teams ever. 4th in Offense, 2nd in Defense, and absolutely one of the greatest DL’s in history. I think Bosa and Ford will keep Mahomes in the pocket and limit scrambling while Armstead and Buckner apply interior pressure. I think the Niners Cover 3 scheme will constantly keep Mahomes guessing which zone is where, which would be no issue for him with zero pressure, but I expect the 49ers to get him a decent amount. 

Mahomes is fantastic, so is Reid, Chris Jones, etc. but we’ve seen time and time again complete teams win championships and defense wins chanpionships. Eagles 2017 for example, Top 5 both sides of the ball and the media hyped Bill/Tom all week way more than the Eagles. 

Should be a great game though. Either team can certainly win. And this should absolutely come down to the final few minutes. I’m very very excited! Honestly can’t wait. I just wanna see a great football game! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Good luck on both sides today guys. Both teams deserve to be here and fans on both sides should be thrilled and proud. This is also a tremendous matchup on paper for everyone. Best since NE vs Sea for sure. I’m hoping for an amazing football game. Maybe better than that since we don’t have NE. 

Anyways, onto predictions. 

I did have my prediction at 34-31 49ers but with 94% on the Over (absolutely crazy) I’m gonna say the Under hits. Maybe some questionable holding penalties. 

Prediction: 29-24 49ers win. 49ers are down by 1 point 24-23 and score a TD with 1:30 left to go ahead 29-24. 49ers do not convert the 2pt conversion. Mahomes gets sacked next drive and eventually turn over on downs. 

I have no idea who will win Super Bowl MVP but I’ll go ahead and say Jimmy Garroppolo. 237 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, game winning drive. 

Mahomes final stat line 342 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT. 

I see the 49ers as the most complete team. One of the most complete teams ever. 4th in Offense, 2nd in Defense, and absolutely one of the greatest DL’s in history. I think Bosa and Ford will keep Mahomes in the pocket and limit scrambling while Armstead and Buckner apply interior pressure. I think the Niners Cover 3 scheme will constantly keep Mahomes guessing which zone is where, which would be no issue for him with zero pressure, but I expect the 49ers to get him a decent amount. 

Mahomes is fantastic, so is Reid, Chris Jones, etc. but we’ve seen time and time again complete teams win championships and defense wins chanpionships. Eagles 2017 for example, Top 5 both sides of the ball and the media hyped Bill/Tom all week way more than the Eagles. 

Should be a great game though. Either team can certainly win. And this should absolutely come down to the final few minutes. I’m very very excited! Honestly can’t wait. I just wanna see a great football game! 

I'm extremely excited as well, probably the most excited I've been for the Super Bowl in a lot of years, hope its a close game with a crazy play near or at the end to seal it for either team 

• Like 1

Most are focusing on the Chiefs Offence/49ers defence match-up, but i'm convinced that the key for the game is the other way around. Spagnuolo nows he has to at least slow down the 49ers running game or they will be strategically fried. I'm aware that the 49ers running offence is very versatile, but maybe the Chiefs should take some gambles, and entice the Niners to pass more. You never now which Jimmy will show up, i say take the gamble. 

Funny how those that claim the 49ers are one of the most balanced teams ever don't mention Special Teams. Just sayin'.

The Chiefs offense is comparable to the 49ers defense--both elite. The 49er offense is a bit better than the Chiefs defense. Chiefs ST are better than the 49ers across the board--K, P, KR, PR, coverage units. Turnover differential is close with a small edge to the Chiefs. You could do a SoS analysis, but nothing jumps out. 

J

5 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Funny how those that claim the 49ers are one of the most balanced teams ever don't mention Special Teams. Just sayin'.

The Chiefs offense is comparable to the 49ers defense--both elite. The 49er offense is a bit better than the Chiefs defense. Chiefs ST are better than the 49ers across the board--K, P, KR, PR, coverage units. Turnover differential is close with a small edge to the Chiefs. You could do a SoS analysis, but nothing jumps out. 

J

Sorry but the Chiefs offense right now is clearly better than the 49ers defense. It is historically good right now. It is at the same level as last year.

6 hours ago, PapaShogun said:
7 hours ago, Forge said:

As the great Peter La Fleur once said in the true story Dodgeball:

"I found that if you have a goal, that you might not reach it. But if you don't have one, then you are never disappointed. And I gotta tell ya... it feels phenomenal."

36 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Sorry but the Chiefs offense right now is clearly better than the 49ers defense. It is historically good right now. It is at the same level as last year.

31 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Historically by what metric?

It's too much to say the offense is historically good, but it is valid to say that the Chiefs offense vs the 49er defense may be a mismatch. Also, Mahomes has been historically good in the playoffs. It's a small sample, but worth mentioning. Also worth mentioning is that the Chiefs already played and beat the defense ranked ahead of the 49ers. 

J