Tom Brady to the Raiders?

ragingraider

53 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I am watching NE play, the problem is everyone else either box score scouting or not looking that his targets are never open. Edelmen was his only target all year and constantly bracketed. Dorsett/Harry/All his TEs are awful. Sanu struggles with separation. And I’m not in the minority opinion, I’m very much in the majority opinion. His RBs all averaged under 4 ypc and were all miserable. People just look at names “Oh Sony Michel... hes good!” Michel was AWFUL this year. His vision really regressed. Part of it him, part of it OLine. 

Bradys WR/RB/TE was the worst in the league. His OL maybe 20ish range. 

So what did Brady regress in? His arm strength did not take a hit last year. Still has the same velocity as it did years ago. Is it the same as 2011? No. Is it the same as 2015/2016? Yes. Saying he lost any arm strength last year is building a narrative/agenda against Brady purely because of age and not actually watching film. And once again, this is actually majority opinion. I’m not really going against the grain. Only one spouting Brady has lost arm strength is Max Kellermen who has been saying Brady will fall off a cliff for six seasons now. I don’t watch Media shows like that though. 

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Looks like he's leaving NE

The photo is black and grayish. Also looks like a fog which fits into our classic theme of Autumn Wind. 

1) He’s trolling the world and it means absolutely nothing

2) He is highly highly considering the Raiders

3) He is using the Raiders as leverage for a NE big money contract of above market value. Tom has said no discounts this time. Or else he’d be signed already. 

4) All of the above. 

I wonder why no one is connecting him to the Colts. It’s obvious their biggest need is a QB. they’re a east coast team that’s a year removed from playoffs. He’d be sticking it to Peyton if he took that team to the playoffs and Super Bowl. They make more sense than the Chargers tbh. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

As every day goes by, I think to myself. Are we going to see a changing of the guard?

I continue to believe firmly that Carr will be the starting QB in Vegas for a long time, but the possibility of Gruden going into Vegas with a bang and signing Brady to a 2 year deal and shipping Carr off seems more realistic every day. 

Still don't believe there is any thought of us drafting a QB and letting him sit behind Carr in the organization. I don't think Gruden wants a Rookie QB to "Groom" that is too much work at this point in Gruden's career. 

This is where i am at too. I think Gruden would love to have. Brady running his offense if he got the opportunity. He’s already shown he’ll Cut bait on a guy if somebody he likes becomes available. 

is it true Brady bought land in Vegas.. Brady going to LA or Vegas.  Chargers might overpay to put butts to actually go to their lame games, Brady could go to the Hollywood route if he wants that lifestyle like Lebron. Mark might be desperate to make a splash signing for the Vegas move, and he has a history of making blockbuster moves(Gruden 10 years)

9 hours ago, Totty said:

So uhhh... Brady just bought property in Las Vegas....O.o

Dude is going to make BANK after the NFL on the field stuff is done. Nevada, Texas or Florida is your 'home' and travel, travel, travel...

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I am watching NE play, the problem is everyone else either box score scouting or not looking that his targets are never open. Edelmen was his only target all year and constantly bracketed. Dorsett/Harry/All his TEs are awful. Sanu struggles with separation. And I’m not in the minority opinion, I’m very much in the majority opinion. His RBs all averaged under 4 ypc and were all miserable. People just look at names “Oh Sony Michel... hes good!” Michel was AWFUL this year. His vision really regressed. Part of it him, part of it OLine. 

Bradys WR/RB/TE was the worst in the league. His OL maybe 20ish range. 

So what did Brady regress in? His arm strength did not take a hit last year. Still has the same velocity as it did years ago. Is it the same as 2011? No. Is it the same as 2015/2016? Yes. Saying he lost any arm strength last year is building a narrative/agenda against Brady purely because of age and not actually watching film. And once again, this is actually majority opinion. I’m not really going against the grain. Only one spouting Brady has lost arm strength is Max Kellermen who has been saying Brady will fall off a cliff for six seasons now. I don’t watch Media shows like that though. 

It is true Brady didn’t have the best supporting weapons last year, not denying that but trying to portray the team as a dumpster fire is intellectually dishonest. Edelman wasn’t constantly bracketed, that is just plain wrong, he was open frequently. Sanu was playing knocked up but he’s no worse than Williams and was good before his ankle injury. Michel was average......he wasn’t awful and Birkhead and White are excellent receiving options, it’s just hyperbole on your part. We pretty much have NE on the box every week in the UK so I probably watched as much Patriot football as Raiders this year unfortunately 😄.

Brady had a down year but wasn’t poor, he still can play but he has lost some zip, his short accuracy has regressed and his touch has regressed some Its clear to see. He’s still got more than Rivers but to pretend he hasn’t regressed at all is just wrong. His WR’s weren’t great but then of our WR core #1, #3 and #4 were all sat at home on the sofa halfway through the season so to say they were terrible compared to ours is just plain wrong. I would say the Eagles were much worse off at WR clearly. 

We’re not going to agree on this as you’re clearly pushing an agenda but it does need to be said IMO.

10 hours ago, Chali21 said:

I wonder why no one is connecting him to the Colts. It’s obvious their biggest need is a QB. they’re a east coast team that’s a year removed from playoffs. He’d be sticking it to Peyton if he took that team to the playoffs and Super Bowl. They make more sense than the Chargers tbh. 

I wonder why anyone would connect him to the Raiders. Final years of his career, he wants to ride them out on a team that isn't in a position to win much of anything right now.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I wonder why anyone would connect him to the Raiders. Final years of his career, he wants to ride them out on a team that isn't in a position to win much of anything right now.

Money, it’s common knowledge Brady has been underpaid throughout his career, he wants a final payday. The Raiders haven’t really been cheap when it comes to players. Plus I personally think Brady is arrogant enough to believe he can win a Super Bowl with pretty much any team. I think he wants to show he can be successful without belichek. It’s also a big new market where he can promote TB12. 

I can see reasons to connect him. That doesn’t mean I think it’s a good idea for either party. 

45 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Money, it’s common knowledge Brady has been underpaid throughout his career, he wants a final payday. The Raiders haven’t really been cheap when it comes to players. Plus I personally think Brady is arrogant enough to believe he can win a Super Bowl with pretty much any team. I think he wants to show he can be successful without belichek. It’s also a big new market where he can promote TB12. 

I can see reasons to connect him. That doesn’t mean I think it’s a good idea for either party. 

Meh... don't buy that for a second. Brady has a net worth of estimated 180 million. His wife is worth and estimated $360 million. You think Brady cares about money?

Brady is about legacy. He's a winner. I don't see him coming to a bottom 5 franchise with a losing culture, talent deficient roster and thinking it adds to his legacy. 

• Like 2