Tom Brady to the Raiders?

ragingraider

How many Super Bowls and winning has Tom Brady done in his career?

QB Comparison:

We have the winningest QB in NFL history potentially signing with us

vs

one of the worst losers in NFL history (Carr)

NO Brainer even at 43 bring in Brady and draft one to sit behind him and soak up knowledge.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roi34 said:

No TB, No AB... Build with young talent that our our guys and suppliment with FA.

I get we were competitive, so some want a quicker fix, but stay the course. We gave up Mack to build a core of Young talent. Speed still wins!

So how do we win if we have a blind scared QB?

8 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

So how do we win if we have a blind scared QB?

So go draft a QB. Getting a 42 year old QB that didn't win with a top 5 defense isn't going to win with a bottom defense.

Get a QB that's your guy, if you feel that a way

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roi34 said:

So go draft a QB. Getting a 42 year old QB that didn't win with a top 5 defense isn't going to win with a bottom defense.

Get a QB that's your guy, if you feel that a way

All you need is an improved defense and a 42 year old QB who can put up more than 16 points a game and score in the 2nd half of games.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

How many Super Bowls and winning has Tom Brady done in his career?

QB Comparison:

We have the winningest QB in NFL history potentially signing with us

vs

one of the worst losers in NFL history (Carr)

NO Brainer even at 43 bring in Brady and draft one to sit behind him and soak up knowledge.  

What’s wrong with you please stop posting stuff like this 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

All you need is an improved defense and a 42 year old QB who can put up more than 16 points a game and score in the 2nd half of games.

Everyone is always so quick to blame the defense. The defense let up 17 or less in their last three games and Carr won one of them. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

Everyone is always so quick to blame the defense. The defense let up 17 or less in their last three games and Carr won one of them. 

Refs stole one no? Pretty sure Carr ran for first there. Let's be fair at least. 

Carr isn't great but who knows what Brady is without Bill. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, roi34 said:
21 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

Refs stole one no? Pretty sure Carr ran for first there. Let's be fair at least. 

Carr isn't great but who knows what Brady is without Bill

Im not a fan of the Raiders signing Tom Brady but I've got to be honest, I'd really like to see what Brady looks like sans BB and the Pats and intrigued to see what BB and the Pats look like without Brady.......which one is masking the other??????

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Im not a fan of the Raiders signing Tom Brady but I've got to be honest, I'd really like to see what Brady looks like sans BB and the Pats and intrigued to see what BB and the Pats look like without Brady.......which one is masking the other??????

I really want to have that one answered but also from a Raider perspective if Brady comes in and does well then that could answer the question about Carr.  If he looks like Carr then maybe the problem is the defense, weapons, or coaching.  Right now our team has a lot of moving parts so it is hard to tell what the underlying issue/s are.

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:
32 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I really want to have that one answered but also from a Raider perspective if Brady comes in and does well then that could answer the question about Carr.  If he looks like Carr then maybe the problem is the defense, weapons, or coaching.  Right now our team has a lot of moving parts so it is hard to tell what the underlying issue/s are.

I think the problem is multiple issues that's why there is no simple, easy fix. Anyone thinking we just bring in one guy and voila is in for a rude awakening IMHO.

The defence in general has been poor and had below average to very poor talent though it has shown signs of life recently. We simply struggle to contain good teams and are over matched frequently.

The coaching at times has been questionable with playcalling suspect on occasion as Gruden works his way back to sharpness.

The schemes and plays are being introduced to a rotating group of players who are trying to learn a new system then a year later are replaced by others who have to come in and try and learn and fit with the remaining players, constant turnover is never good and we might be over the worst aspects now so we should improve here and make less glaring mistakes. I think this accounts for things like receivers running the wrong routes, miscommunication and big plays let up in the secondary etc. You are right, there are so many moving parts it's difficult to assess who's the problem.

Certainly Carr has played poorly at times, I think he's trying to adhere to Gruden's system but should be more aggressive at times. It's knowing where and when to be aggressive that is the important thing, not just going out like a gun slinger and taking random deep shots for the sake of it.

Receiving options have been very poor the last 2 years with only really the TEs being reliable and consistent.

We've had some misfortune with very important players going down with injury at crucial times. We simply don't have the talent or depth to ride out the storm as some teams can.

I certainly think we're on the right path, not 100% convinced Gruden is the right coach though I am very, very glad we have Mayock to temper some of his impulsive behaviour and I trust MM much more on draft day. I'll continue to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope the young guys we've added and some nice mid level FAs this year plus another year in the system and some good rookies can take us to the playoffs. We're probably about 12 to 18 months away from where we should be out of excuses in my book, at that stage we will have had 3 full drafts and time for established players to know all the ins and outs and the coaching and schemes to be matured. If we're not a good to great team by then, then Gruden will have failed as unlike so many before he has had the most precious resource, time.

• Like 2