What players in this superbowl are building legit hof careers?

Kiwibrown

I will say this. I was just looking at the rosters for each team and couldn't help but think about how the rookie contracts introduced in the 2011 CBA completely changed the landscape.

If anyone ever needed a perfect example as to how MUCH has changed, then look no further. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

Well there are a few with potential, but even Mahomes has to keep up this level of play for 5+ more years to even sniff the hall.

In any case: 

• Sherman could probably retire after the game and get into the Hall
  • Kelce has a chance but he's already like 30 and needs a few more years as an elite TE. The HOF is tough on TE's
  • Hill has a chance if he sustains his level of play for a long time but I think a lot of sportswriters might give him the TO/Moss treatment. Plus he's not as good as either of them were.

There's a few more I'm probably forgetting.

Not even worth really talking about guys like Bosa. He's a rookie.

HoF meaner on WR's than on TE's imo, Andre Johnson can't even get a sniff of being on the HoF despite being dominant in his time, he and Tyreek (imo) have the same career. (not talking stats) You really need to be truly ascended in TE or WR to get there.

Edited by Drained

10 hours ago, August4th said:

would the niners winning a SB help John Lynch? being the GM of a potential SB winning team that might be good for awhile would keep his name in the public. that's something that impacts voters

Probably not. You go in as a player, coach, or executive usually. Combined accomplishments aren't usually accounted for. He's been good as both a player and executive, but definitely not hall of fame at either. Still has a chance to further round out his resume as an executive though.

Sherman - Lock
Mahomes - He has to keep going, but we all know "it" when we see it.  He will get in if he doesn't have an early career-ending injury.
Reid - Winning this game would help his case a lot. 

Kelce - As others have said, he just needs to keep doing what he's doing and he has a good chance.
Kittle - A long way to go, but he has the talent and I could definitely see him making it if he has a long career.

10 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

It's really hard for TE's to get into the HOF in general, and it's even harder considering the backlog. 

I dont think it's hard for TEs to get in, I think there's just a clear divide between those who do and those who dont, and few historically have had the statistical careers and accolades to justify inclusion.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I think Kelce's odds are better than some are suggesting. TE isn't a position that typically shows a super sharp fall off in terms of athletic ability. Kelce really only needs three seasons at his career average pace to get to top 5 in NFL history in receiving yards for TEs.

Kelces knee been bothering him at the end of the last couple years.

Might not last as long as you think. I’m hoping at least another three years. Hopefully

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Sherman - Lock
Mahomes - He has to keep going, but we all know "it" when we see it.  He will get in if he doesn't have an early career-ending injury.
Reid - Winning this game would help his case a lot. 

Kelce - As others have said, he just needs to keep doing what he's doing and he has a good chance.
Kittle - A long way to go, but he has the talent and I could definitely see him making it if he has a long career.

Could Mahomes get in under the Gale Sayers Rule? 

Sherman for sure. I think he goes in even if he retires after the game.

Kelce has been better than Kittle over the last 2 years. He is having a HoF career as long as he puts up decent numbers for about 5 more years.

• If Kittle plays at this level for 2 or 3 years he gets to where Kelce is now.
    • HoF is possible but its far too early

Mahomes continues to be the best statistical QB over X games as he gets each additional start.

• He's young but he's heading that way.

AR is in the Hall of Fame if he wins this game and is 95% sure to get in anyway after a few more years of coaching at this level

Joe Staley is probably Hall of Very Good unless he has several more high level seasons. (not that likely at his age)

Edit: I forgot T-Sizzle. He's close to a lock for the Hall.

Edited by SkippyX