General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

3 minutes ago, Aussie9er said:

Not really worried about Hopkins until Arizona fixes their o-line even with us losing buck its likely our d line destroys Murray on every play.

I mean our DL really couldn't even destroy him last year lol. The way the Cards get Murray on the edge and all the quick hitters in the passing game, they really figured out a way to slow our pass rush down. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean our DL really couldn't even destroy him last year lol. The way the Cards get Murray on the edge and all the quick hitters in the passing game, they really figured out a way to slow our pass rush down. 

Yep, with them its like you have to really play bend but don't break. They can drive 65+ yards on you but make them kick a FG. However in return, your offense has to keep the defense off the field...

3 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I mentioned Harris yesterday. I'd be happy with that. Jernigan is interesting, but I think a low risk/high reward guy would be Vernon Butler. Butler would be my preference at this point. I think he could be good in a rotation. I think he's kind of a hot head though, so that may be something our management isn't interested in. 

11 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I mentioned Harris yesterday. I'd be happy with that. Jernigan is interesting, but I think a low risk/high reward guy would be Vernon Butler. Butler would be my preference at this point. I think he could be good in a rotation. I think he's kind of a hot head though, so that may be something our management isn't interested in. 

I think I'd be ok with Harris or Jernigan. I want nothing to do with Butler.

7 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I think I'd be ok with Harris or Jernigan. I want nothing to do with Butler.

Just out of curiosity, why not? I know there was an issue in 2018 off the field and last year him getting booted from that game for punching Doyle, but he did produce 6 sacks last year which could really help to try and fill the void left by DeFo.