General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

20 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

I have gotten to the point where i have watched college film on all the top WR's (like most of us have) and crushed on all of them at some point.

Juedy does have a slimmer frame, but in terms of his all around game, he could be a game-changer at the next level.He has that 'it' factor more than any WR in this draft IMO.

That being said, later prospects such as Mims, Reagor, Aiyuk,Higgins, Jefferson, Pittman that can be had late 1st round and into the second are intriguing. I am really shying away from Shenault at this point, his injuries are concerning, he has a lot of work to do in terms of route running and becoming a polished receiver, but I do like the 'offensive-weapon' element he possesses.....I just see him having an injury plagued career.

But yes, finding an early round OT that may be able to slide in at Guard puts us in a very good situation considering I expect Brunskill to compete there as well. 'Iron sharpens iron',only strengthens our O-line

If we do end up with Juedy I'll cheer him on like any other niner and you could be right he may be the best of the class. The less physical game nowadays helps him out.

Shenault I agree, I am wary with. Love his ability but he his injury history scares me more than it did a month or two ago both with how much he has been injured and how snakebitten we are as a team.

Just now, Ftn49 said:

If we do end up with Juedy I'll cheer him on like any other niner and you could be right he may be the best of the class. The less physical game nowadays helps him out.

Shenault I agree, I am wary with. Love his ability but he his injury history scares me more than it did a month or two ago both with how much he has been injured and how snakebitten we are as a team.

The problem with guys like Shenault and Lynn Bowden Jr. is that they were moved all over the offense that they never really got to fine-tune their receiver game. With the departure of Sanders, we need a receiver who can step out onto the field day one and be an instant impact receiver. I'm not as interested in those types of players because of the structure of our receiver corps. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

The problem with guys like Shenault and Lynn Bowden Jr. is that they were moved all over the offense that they never really got to fine-tune their receiver game. With the departure of Sanders, we need a receiver who can step out onto the field day one and be an instant impact receiver. I'm not as interested in those types of players because of the structure of our receiver corps. 

Yeah, I know a lot of people talk about Shanny's creativity, and he is very creative.That being said, we need a WR to step in and be able to develop into a number 1 or 2 WR this season, im not saying at the very beginning of the season, but if he can make a Deebo leap his first season,I would be happy.To me, that would require a WR that is more nuanced in the position....I dont believe Shenault is. He could be a great weapon, but he would be no better than a #3 WR on our depth chart next season with a few splashy plays IMO

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Yeah, I know a lot of people talk about Shanny's creativity, and he is very creative.That being said, we need a WR to step in and be able to develop into a number 1 or 2 WR this season, im not saying at the very beginning of the season, but if he can make a Deebo leap his first season,I would be happy.To me, that would require a WR that is more nuanced in the position....I dont believe Shenault is. He could be a great weapon, but he would be no better than a #3 WR on our depth chart next season with a few splashy plays IMO

I think you guys are being a little too much down on Shenault but to each his own, I still love him as a prospect just not his injury history. Deebo I could see him being above him in general on the depth chart but no one else unless you count Kittle.

16 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Exactly. This is why I don't want to get cute with the receiver position. Just take Jeudy or Lamb and move to the next need.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

I think you guys are being a little too much down on Shenault but to each his own, I still love him as a prospect just not his injury history. Deebo I could see him being above him in general on the depth chart but no one else unless you count Kittle.

Im not saying Shenault is garbage or anything, I just think his skill set requires a little more creativity to get the ball in his hands and he cant stay healthy. He is definitely a playmaker, but not someone I would want at #31 or ahead of the other receivers i mentioned. Injuries are my main concern at this point.

52 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Smh....we seem to always be a day late and a dollar short. Even though he isn't the player he was earlier in his career, I would have loved him next to AA. That would have eased alot of my worries in regards to our interior depth 

1 hour ago, John232 said:

Never cared much for day, would've liked to have held on to Zettel. Street, Taylor, Thomas, Jones and Blair..still not bad, if nothing but a  green.

I'm the exact opposite. I was fine with not bringing back Zettel as he was JAG, but Day was a reliable rotational player since the first day he joined the Niners. He's definitely the more valuable player. 

4 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Seriously, go get Shelby Harris on a short term deal. He's still got some quality pass rushing ability. He's not going to be the space eater and strength of Suh, but he's still a quality three tech. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I'm the exact opposite. I was fine with not bringing back Zettel as he was JAG, but Day was a reliable rotational player since the first day he joined the Niners. He's definitely the more valuable player. 

Day was here longer so I think that's why there's more attachment too him. He's just as much of a JAG to Zettel. I preferred Zettel because he can play our big end role as well as kicking inside. With Blair not being ready (supposedly?), Solly really not playing the role at all, and Street being a complete and utter wildcard as a big end..Zettel was some depth.

Day was great as a penetrator but I  felt he was always kind of trash when it came to the run. It's not a huge issue, our defense was susceptible to getting gashed in the run game and we were still dominant. 

I will say, would've liked to have had both back. 

Edited by John232

14 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Day had a bad year last year. The year before he was very good in a rotational pass rusher capacity, particularly for the first 3 quarters of the season or whatever. Was leading the 9ers defensive linemen in pressure rate for quite a bit that year, but then he just sort of fell back as time on the field became a bigger obstacle.