Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 19 - Taco Bowl XIX POSTED)

TheKillerNacho

GG my friend

Best of luck to you in the chip

If you lose, we all lose. Well, except swoosh I guess

Edited by Glen
Also if you lose I don’t get two tags so I swear to god
  • Like 1

On 3/15/2020 at 3:11 PM, Tk3 said:

Here they are! I eagerly await the tears!

Championship Contenders:

1. Pirates - Most fearsome passing unit in the league with Mahomes/Reek/Fitz/ARob. Defense still has some holes in it, but the offense will win this team enough games to secure a spot in the playoffs and a great chance at another title
2. Sharks - This is one of the best teams in the league that is probably being overlooked right now. IMO, this is a top 2 defense with bigs names in every unit, plus it has the offensive firepower of Russ/Godwin.
3. Squirrels - Another very strong team, Watson will carry the offense and Aaron Jones exploded this year. The defense doesn't have the sexy names that the Sharks have, but it has no weak spots at all. Another top 5 defense and I forsee an improved offense
4. Direwolves - Strong offensive core of Lamar/Saquon/Antonio/Kelce. Above Average/plus on OL, DL, and DB. LB are the weak spot on defense, but shouldn't hurt the unit too much

Playoff Contenders:

5. Jagwads - Brees is still Brees, and Edelman and Kittle will give him some targets to throw to. Solid defense all around. This isn't a sexy team, but it will be right there come playoff time
6. Mammoths - Strong core of Brady/Jacobs/Keenan Allen. Oline looks solid. Front 7 is average in my opinion, but the DB group is very strong. Should be above average on both sides of the ball
. Thunder - Someone has to win the division, Khodder is my frontrunner. Rodgers/Chubb/Thielen will be an underrated unit that will manage to put up some good results. The defense is solid which gives them the edge over the Fire in the Blue division
8. Ravens - Rivers/Cook/Hopkins/Golladay is less sexy than some other units, but it WILL be effective here. Front 7 will be a strong point on this unit, but the DBs cause me a little concern given the offenses they will be facing.
9. Rattlers - Another team that lacks starpower and sexy names, but is just flat out solid everywhere. Cousins will be great and has strong receivers. Defense has a couple holes, but the unit is loaded with players that overperform their name value in the NFL
Starfell - This is another team that would look a lot better if this was 2018. Wentz/Gurley/Woods/Watkins are a solid unit, but doesn't strike much fear. They do, however, have the best defensive player in the league, along with a number of other defensive players who were stars 2 years ago. I'm curious to see how that holds up, but this division is wide open and I'll call them the tentative favorites
11. Fire - I know I shouldn't count pwny out, because he has a fantastic track record, but this team still has a LOT of holes, and while Goff/Thomas/Julio are FORMIDABLE, I think its a big ask for them to singlehandedly carry this team. Lots of easy wins in the division could keep them in contention
12. Trash Pandas - I think they have a chance this year! (don't let me down). Jimmy/McCaffery/Davante are going to be a really solid offensive unit, and he took care to put an oline around them. The defense is a little underwhelming, but boy am I rooting for them to outwin their previous seasons COMBINED. Plus this division is littered with 8-9 win type of teams, which gives them a shot
Predators - Again, someone has to win the division. Their offensive unit is okay, but they have an excellent front 7. I think the defense wins them some games and Matt Ryan will do enough to not lose them games

Better Luck Next Year:

14. Saints - I don't know wtf to do with this team. Ben/Bell/OBJ/Gordon/Von/Ramsey. I assume the regression among the stars will limit their ceiling and keep them out of the playoffs. They will be a real test case for me as far as valuing recent production vs overall production
15. Papermakers - This is one of the teams I am most unsure of, and it will hinge on how Kyler performs in the sim. Zeke is a star, but I don't love any of the other weapons on offense to help Kyler out. The defense has a couple big names, but the other pieces are underwhelming to me. I think they will have trouble in what is definitely an up and coming (probably already here) division
16. Venom - This team feels just okay to me. Maybe that will be enough in Yellow. Stafford is solid, Henry is on the rise, but the WRs are just okay for me. The entire defensive unit just feels average to me. Maybe they surprise me, but I don't see either side of the ball being above average
17. Sonics - Top 5 defensive unit, but an offensive unit of Winston/Gordon/Cooper does not inspire confidence in the difficult red division
18. Royals - A couple nice pieces on defense, but assuming he continues to only play Dak for 7 games, I don't see that offense being able to do much this season
Eskimos - This looks like a fun team, but not one that will win games. Plenty of strong youth, but neither unit is ready to really compete yet. Kamara/Nelson/Brown/Bosa are a wonderful group of young keepers, although I would like this team better as a speculative keeper team in an even numbered season than an odd.
20. Knights - Much like the Eskimos, some great youth pieces, but Carr/Carson/Rookies plus a mediocre defense will not win ballgames. Wouldn't feel right to not have the Knights at #20, regardless of ownership

A look back now that we’re onto the chip.

Top 4 were right on the money

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Glen said:

A look back now that we’re onto the chip.

Top 4 were right on the money

I made a few mistake. I wildly underestimated the Royals (I used the assumptions that you would continue to only play Dak for 7, and you didn't have Zeke yet, but even so, I had you WAY too low). Easily the biggest cringe choice in retrospect

Undersold the Venom and Predators by a bit also, had the Kongs too high

But overall I feel like I did a halfway decent job :ph34r: My 4 "championship contenders" were the 4 top PWNYs, nailing the two finalists in the group

It was fun, I'll do it again next season, and hopefully others will put themselves out there also!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Glen said:

GG my friend

Best of luck to you in the chip

If you lose, we all lose. Well, except swoosh I guess

Gg man. Definitely not what I expected. Team played as well as I could have hoped for. Got nervous when you scored and got the onside as well. OL deserves some credit this game. Wow. Time to see who we face.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I made a few mistake. I wildly underestimated the Royals (I used the assumptions that you would continue to only play Dak for 7, and you didn't have Zeke yet, but even so, I had you WAY too low). Easily the biggest cringe choice in retrospect

Undersold the Venom and Predators by a bit also, had the Kongs too high

But overall I feel like I did a halfway decent job :ph34r: My 4 "championship contenders" were the 4 top PWNYs, nailing the two finalists in the group

It was fun, I'll do it again next season, and hopefully others will put themselves out there also!

I fully understood if you assumed I was gonna play Dak for 7 games.

And in all honesty I was debating it. But I believe I started out 6-1.. and there’s no reason to tank a season like the one I just had to keep Dak at a lower tag cost.

Very happy with my season, went better than I could have imagined.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Good luck @swoosh! That was an impressive dominating performance, and two big road playoff wins. Your team has caught fire at the right time. Hope my squad comes out ahead though!

what a wild season this has been. started off slow, found a nice groove, dropped 3 straight to almost miss the playoffs, beat rammy in w16 in a must win game, and finally won two playoff road games.

this will be a good one.

• Like 1