Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 19 - Taco Bowl XIX POSTED)

TheKillerNacho

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Here we are. Taco Bowl XIX. I won't say anymore.

https://youtu.be/okXqHGbvuEc

GameDoc: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZEiHVMZVLA7D_FZZF3cNY7fVBNfO08bS

Other end of year stuff (S20 draft order, Owner Hall of Fame, etc) coming later today or tomorrow. Then we'll have to hvae a discussion about what the interest level is of a Season 20. Thanks for sticking around this league as long as you have, everyone <3

You can count me in for S20 champ

Big moves are coming to Little Rock

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

Earl Thomas [16 GS]: 96 tackles (1 stuff), 29 coverages, 1 sack, 4 interceptions, 3 forced fumbles, 1 recovery.

The guy with 11 more tackles, 12 more coverages, 1 more interception, 1 less recovery and 1 less TD.

I saw them as a bit of a push, but preferred ETs statline

I typically (right or wrong) treat interceptions as +1 to turnovers created, and forced fumbles and recoveries as +0.5 each. It's not ideal logic, but at the very least it is an attempt to balance out true turnovers responsible for

With that in mind, I kind of see the 1 TD as the only point in Smith's favor (which can be a fluky stat on defense IMO), and ET had much more involvement

But I don't think the gap is nearly wide enough for me to complain about the snub (or a mild complain at best)

much respect to both Ruskie and Swoosh

Spoiler below:

Extra happy for Swoosh though. A dedicated owner, had a pretty bad team not too long ago, and made some really solid trades to build a well balanced core of keepers. Happy to see it pay off

Also, the dude gave me Saquon after furious negotiations. I don't forget

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Here we are. Taco Bowl XIX. I won't say anymore.

https://youtu.be/okXqHGbvuEc

GameDoc: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZEiHVMZVLA7D_FZZF3cNY7fVBNfO08bS

Other end of year stuff (S20 draft order, Owner Hall of Fame, etc) coming later today or tomorrow. Then we'll have to hvae a discussion about what the interest level is of a Season 20. Thanks for sticking around this league as long as you have, everyone <3

you-da-real-zxzr5m.jpg

thanks for another great year

I'm in for S20

Edited by Tk3

Well before I commit any time working to make Season 20 a reality, let's just take a head count.

@Counselor

Who's in and who's out? There was quite a few of you who mentioned you may drop out after this season, but I don't know how much of it was sarcasm or just being heated in the moment.

Those who have already said they're interested in returning:

Tk3
Glen
bucsfan
Scalamania
swoosh
Ruskie
Whicker (if no replacement can be found)

Those who said they are not returning:

pwny

• Like 3

gg ruskie, don't want to tag you in case you haven't seen it yet. well you called it, that perfectly sums up watson all year long. this was such a rollercoaster team. 

really surprised how we played defensively. up 35-13 with just a few minutes to play. i feel i finally found the sliders that work for this group, but even so you have a great team. i feel if nacho simmed that game 10 times, it would be close to 5-5. 

Edited by swoosh
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

much respect to both Ruskie and Swoosh

Spoiler below:

Extra happy for Swoosh though. A dedicated owner, had a pretty bad team not too long ago, and made some really solid trades to build a well balanced core of keepers. Happy to see it pay off

Also, the dude gave me Saquon after furious negotiations. I don't forget

thanks man, it's been a long road. tons and tons of trade to get here, with a fair share of bad ones.

getting a franchise qb was a game changer. paid a lot to get watson, but this championship proved to be worth it for me. pretty sure my 2nd best qb in franchise history is alex smith. yikes. 

• Like 1

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Congrats @swoosh! Your team did well in the first half, but truly dominated the second half. Casey hurting me like that... At least he gets a ring.

Frankly a bit embarrassed by that performance, my apologies to the Cheesy conference.

Thanks for another great season in this league @TheKillerNacho!

thanks man, in no way was the score an indication of any talent discrepancy.