2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

16 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Watching game  film is one thing- going through ota’s, training camp and a season is another. This year is a honeymoon year. Expecting anything more than a new culture beginning to form is ridiculous. I expect we increase our wins by 100%- asking or expecting anything more is in my opinion foolish and unreasonable. Just saying, lol 

I don't see it that way.  Rivera had plenty of time to watch game film.  And Rivera is not just the head coach, he is one peg below snyder.  His assistants should be watching game film, he should be making moves to improve this team.  This is the NFL, you don't wait a year.  RR doesn't get paid millions of dollars because he needs a season to figure it out.  Giddy up.

We would have increased our chances by more if we got Haskins a TE or a LT or just one more blue chip player.  While I love how things worked out when DJax fell into our laps 5 years ago late in free agency,  you can't count on that kind of thing to happen.  It is luck, not good GM work.  

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

Agree.  The lack of moves in free agency is adding pressure to not draft Chase Young.

That’s an extremely sad and inefficient way to operate your football team if that’s truly the case. And like I’ve said before, a 3-13 team should have zero pressure to fill holes. They have the luxury of drafting the best available player without the pressures of trying to win now. None of what we’ve done or really lack thereof should preclude this team from drafting Chase Young. 

It’s just so weird to see all of this play out. For years we’ve been told by literally everyone that you win with an elite QB or with elite pass rushers who get to the QB. When the Redskins are finally in a position to draft one of the two everyone thinks they should trade down. Do you think for one second if the Cowboys were in the position we’re in right now that the media and everyone else would be saying they should trade down? 

• Like 3

Perception def hurts when looking at FA

Need WR
see Hopkins get traded for pennies on the dollar
See Diggs who been linked to us for awhile get traded(was out of our pick price range atleast)
Reported we outbid Cowboys on Cooper and he stayed(what a lot people expected him to do)
Watch only other proven WR Sanders sign cheaply for a contender

Need TE
Clear #1 target Hooper signs for 11 mil a year,when a good amount of people in here was willing to go 12 or 13 mil on him
See almost all other options go at expected or below value
Sign a former QB turned TE

Need LT
Don't even think we got linked to one
Sign a Swing OT

Perception entering FA was we needed to help Haskins,exiting 1st wave of it we didn't do anything to.Not only did we not help our 1 year pro QB he also has to deal with all the talk of if we signing Jamies or Cam.

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

Agree.  The lack of moves in free agency is adding pressure to not draft Chase Young.

Perhaps, but I see it differently. Unless there is an RG3 type haul, which I don’t envision, Chase is a redskin. I think there is a greater chance the Bengals select chase or trade for someone else to select chase than us passing on him by trading back. But the unknown keeps us occupied and worrying about the virus 

38 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Perception def hurts when looking at FA

Need WR
see Hopkins get traded for pennies on the dollar
See Diggs who been linked to us for awhile get traded(was out of our pick price range atleast)
Reported we outbid Cowboys on Cooper and he stayed(what a lot people expected him to do)
Watch only other proven WR Sanders sign cheaply for a contender

Need TE
Clear #1 target Hooper signs for 11 mil a year,when a good amount of people in here was willing to go 12 or 13 mil on him
See almost all other options go at expected or below value
Sign a former QB turned TE

Need LT
Don't even think we got linked to one
Sign a Swing OT

Perception entering FA was we needed to help Haskins,exiting 1st wave of it we didn't do anything to.Not only did we not help our 1 year pro QB he also has to deal with all the talk of if we signing Jamies or Cam.

But that’s perception. Their boards and values aren’t ours. We also don’t factor in our willingness to give money to this player right now may prevent this guy they value more the next. I think they had one player they were willing to reset the market for. I would have signed Hooper for the deal. But Hooper also chose Cleveland. But I thought he’d fit be better then I do think he fits in the Browns. But they Let Hopper go in hopes of Cooper. They have to have a draft prospect their in love with that clearly they believe will be avalible like this staff values the TE position they have to have a blocker i think they have a good idea

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Colts releasing Pierre Desir. Maybe take a look if we are shopping Dunbar?

If they weren’t willing to pay most free agents more than $2-3M a year they aren’t going to pay Desir. I’m totally convinced we’re tanking. 

• Like 1

Dunny to the Jags for a 3rd

Trent to the Bucs for a 3rd and conditional

Kerrigan to Detroit for a 4th 

call it a day with these guys. 

Sign

Daryl Williams cheap to play LT

Breeland to play CB cheap

Brandon Allen QB 1 year

Draft

1 Chase Young DE

3 Chase Claypool WR

3 Cole Kmet TE

3 Jaylon Johnson CB

4 Trey Adams OT

4 KJ Hill WR

4 Antione Brooks Jr. S

5 Lucas Niang OT

7 Jon Runyan OG

7 Khalil Tate QB

Call it quits and move the hell on, change the culture this year and build

• Like 1

Cameron Brate is due a $4M guarantee on Sunday, wonder if they’ll look at him if the Bucs let him walk?

Pretty much a limited entity in recent years, and reportedly not much of a blocker, but I think his football character is supposed to be quite strong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

E and Thai  Some film on Trautman 

Probably wanted other than these but if it helps you, great!

I like it. I'm watching him and he wins a lot of routes. His QB is sometimes too quick to give up on the routes. I'd like better change of direction as he stems his route, but he can learn how to do that better at the next level. I like what I see so far.

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Cameron Brate is due a $4M guarantee on Sunday, wonder if they’ll look at him if the Bucs let him walk?

Pretty much a limited entity in recent years, and reportedly not much of a blocker, but I think his football character is supposed to be quite strong.

Now THAT is something I’d be into...

If he’s released, I don’t see why we couldn’t offer him something like 3yrs/$15M.

Would much prefer that over Hooper at 4yrs/$44M.

EDIT: I thought it was a $6M guarantee...

Edited by A TRAIN 89

8 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

E and Thai  Some film on Trautman 

Probably wanted other than these but if it helps you, great!

The steal of the draft I think. I like the boy from Florida Atlantic as well and the boy from Washington is good but I think his blocking won’t allow him to be a target for us. But Troutman is the truth

• Like 1