2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

51 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Bears released Trey Burton. He's been awful with CHI, but was a stud with PHI. I'd still kick the tires on a 1-2 year deal

I want all of Trey Burton. Exactly the type of TE I wanted heading into free agency. Potential is still there and he’d come cheap knowing the starting gig is his. 

2 hours ago, Canuck said:

Bears released Trey Burton. He's been awful with CHI, but was a stud with PHI. I'd still kick the tires on a 1-2 year deal

For once, I would agree with the thought of "why don't we pick him up?"  Can't really fault him for his play with Trubisky at QB either.  

Trey Burton will be paid roughly $4M on his contract by the Bears. I wouldn’t mind a 1 yr $2M-$3M (Total of $6M-$7M) prove-it deal. Outside of that, I have no interest. Guy has talent and was productive in 2018, but injuries have been a big issue. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Trey Burton will be paid roughly $4M on his contract by the Bears. I wouldn’t mind a 1 yr $2M-$3M (Total of $6M-$7M) prove-it deal. Outside of that, I have no interest. Guy has talent and was productive in 2018, but injuries have been a big issue. 

2019 was the first year Burton played less than 15 games, and it was because of a sports hernia in his groin area, which then led to a hip issue  Don't know if you've ever had that, but it's rough.  

Trey Burton can be a poor mans Jordan Reed, the problem is he was a starter for only two years. His first year he was good in Chicago, last year he got hurt. He also can’t block.

If we signed him if would have to be on the cheap. I could have went either way on it, but I don't think he's a good option as a starter bc he can’t block.

Our running game suffered greatly with Reed on the field, do we really want that again?

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:
Redskins will pass on former Bears TE Trey Burton. I’ve been told he is a great person and player... when healthy. That is the big question mark, his health. I am also told Redskins are not pursuing.

I don't understand that.  Signing Davis and Darby who have had issues their entire career staying healthy.  One sports hernia injury causes Burton to miss half of 2019 (and more games than he's missed in his career total) and we aren't interested because of injury?  It makes no sense to me, unless they won't sign him without an in-person physical.  And if that's the case, Todd Gurley still hasn't officially signed his deal with Atlanta because of that, so it doesn't mean you still can't agree to terms right now.