2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

14 minutes ago, brownie man said:

You all would get a second rounder for Trent Williams. 

idk how the hell he thought that was going to happen

i think he’s going to keep running so y’all let me Know when you see him. He’s gotta pay up 

To be fair, a lot of people thought we'd still get that for Trent. Heck, some Redskins fans on Twitter thought we'd still get a 1st. Those were the truly delusional ones. Haha 😂 

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

At 4 pm today compensation picks end for free agents

Means we should be making a couple moves at 3pm, because the comp picks aren’t coming our way anyway. An underrated flaw in the offseason plan, but a flaw all the same. Might as well take advantage and sign a couple guys before the likes of the Ravens and Eagles and Chiefs and Cowboys start to swoop in. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I know it may seem like overkill but we should go after Clowney. One-year deal and just go all in on the defensive line lol

Baseball teams do this sorta thing sometimes. At a certain point, you’re basically just buying trade deadline value or a comp pick when he leaves. 

Trade Kerrigan, sign Clowney for a year, probably costs you something like $9M overall. You get whatever you get for Kerrigan (has to be a 2021 3rd or 4th, right?) and then either get something for Clowney at the deadline or as a 2022 comp pick. You get better in 2020 and drum up assets out of thin air (well, except the money, which — who cares 😂).

They will never ever do that. And I’m not even saying it’s a wise thing to do — football is much more about chemistry and cohesion than baseball ever will be — but it would be an awfully creative way to turn some unused money into meaningful assets.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I know it may seem like overkill but we should go after Clowney. One-year deal and just go all in on the defensive line lol

You know we have that little football thingy, lower right corner to designate "Like". Shouldn't we also have have one "Don't Like" . ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

You know we have that little football thingy, lower right corner to designate "Like". Shouldn't we also have have one "Don't Like" . ?

We have a ton of cap space that we’re doing absolutely nothing with. We aren’t signing Scherff or working out a deal with Jonathan Allen. It’s a one year deal that wouldn’t even affect next seasons cap number. It’s silly to not at least consider it. He’s a great run stopper. 

3 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I was kinda being facetious ,, BUT !

I just alerted him because suggestions for fan engagement improvement are always welcome. Most will not be implemented, but there's no reason not to let the big guy know what we want to see on the forum

• Like 1

The issue I have with signing Clowney is he’ll take snaps away from Sweat & Young. I guess if we traded Kerrigan and then signed Clowney like E suggested that could be a thing. But, why wouldn’t the team that was going to trade for Kerrigan just sign Clowney?

Like Baltimore for example. We’ve all talked about how they could use Kerrigan so, we should trade him there. Well, Baltimore should just sign Clowney.