2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

There’s no way in hell I’d give up Trent for Howard straight up. I’d rather he just played the year here. 

Why? We’d be getting a TE with some potential to be a good starter. At this point I don’t think we have any better offers and I’m not sure if we get better, but that’s just a guess and I could be wrong.

If Trent plays here next year and then we let him walk next offseason the best we’ll do in a comp pick is a 5th in the 2022 draft which essentially equals a 6th round pick bc it will be one of the last picks of that round.

OJ Howard is a better prospect than that player will be and he’s only 25.

Edited by turtle28

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/buccaneers-trade-for-rob-gronkowski-five-potential-landing-spots-for-o-j-howard-following-bucs-big-move/amp/

1. Washington Redskins:

A young quarterback's development can be fast-tracked by a talented tight end, and that's exactly what Dwayne Haskins needs entering his second season. New head coach Ron Rivera released Jordan Reed this offseason and Vernon Davis retired. Rivera was hoping he could bring in former Carolina Panthers tight end Greg Olsen, but he elected to sign with the Seattle Seahawks instead. The Redskins did sign Logan Thomas and Richard Rodgers in free agency, but Howard would clearly be an upgrade over those two. Rivera likes his tight ends, so he should explore what the Buccaneers are looking for in return.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Trent for OJ. Lock it up! Haha 🤣 

Trent for OJ and a mid-round pick, sure.  Can't see a straight up trade happening.  Although, if that's the best offer, I'd probably pull the trigger, only because TE is a need that we need to fill, and I'm not excited about this draft class at that position at all.  It's the drizzling poops.  

22 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I’ve been reading that Saban and Belichik are close. They could have had OJ Howard instead of the 4th rd Pick (Gronk trade) but chose the pick. Interesting ?

Unless they wanted more for OJ? Or have already agreed to a separate trade for him?

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I hope to God we don't trade for him. We have absolutely no reason to add a DE who is making so much $, especially with the talent we have there.

I’m hoping that was just due diligence in case they moved out of #2. I like Ngakoue but there is absolutely no need. 

• Like 1

Just now, brownie man said:

You all would get a second rounder for Trent Williams. 

idk how the hell he thought that was going to happen

i think he’s going to keep running so y’all let me Know when you see him. He’s gotta pay up 

Yeah, I thought what we got was fair compensation. I'm happy it's done with.