Top 10 QBs of 2010s

Archimedes

46 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

He wasn’t good either

You said anyone who is equal to or worse than Dalton, is bad. So was Dalton bad in his career or not?

He’s been good in spurts. He’s been bad in spurts. Most would call him an average. That’s not bad. 

31 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

You said anyone who is equal to or worse than Dalton, is bad. So was Dalton bad in his career or not?

He’s been good in spurts. He’s been bad in spurts. Most would call him an average. That’s not bad. 

Dalton is below average. Newton is worse than Dalton. Newton is bad. Make sense?

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Dalton is below average. Newton is worse than Dalton. Newton is bad. Make sense?

Dalton wasn’t below average. Newton wasn’t below Dalton. Newton is decent-to-above average. Make sense? 

And if Dalton is below average, how does being equal to him make you bad? 

What do you have to substantiate that Dalton is below average and Newton is bad? Serious question, since there’s yet to be anything remotely close to substance posted to this point.

Edited by Yin-Yang

15 hours ago, Elky said:

How is Peyton a top five for the decade? He played just five seasons and was only dominant for 2.5 of them (2012 to first half of 2014).

I mean, you had people LITERALLY calling for him to win the MVP while he was out with an injury during an entire season, so I never underestimate the mass's irrational level of fawning over Pey-Pey.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Elky said:

How is Peyton a top five for the decade? He played just five seasons and was only dominant for 2.5 of them (2012 to first half of 2014).

Manning was a 2 time 1st team all pro and MVP during the decade. He also posted one of the greatest statistical seasons in NFL history during this time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, iknowcool said:

So what's your top 10, and who are you bumping Newton off for?

I think ya'll are just saying stuff without actually thinking about the past decade.  Newton scored 240 touchdowns in the 2010s and led a team to a 15-1 record and a Super Bowl appearance.  To say he sucks is absolutely ignorant, but even if you think he's not that good, I'm not sure who you are taking off the top 10 for him.  Eli Manning?  Andy Dalton?  Carson Palmer?  Come on now.

This is my argument. Maybe I should have had him at the bottom of the list, but the guy DID win an MVP and earn a 1st team all pro.

Once you get past the 6 no brainers:

Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Wilson, and Ryan, the list gets kind of muddled.

11 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Dalton wasn’t below average. Newton wasn’t below Dalton. Newton is decent-to-above average. Make sense? 

What do you have to substantiate that Dalton is below average and Newton is bad? Serious question, since there’s yet to be anything remotely close to substance posted to this point.

He doesn’t have anything.  He’s just saying stuff

7 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

You haven't been watching football for very long, have you?

Peyton had a down year in 2010. If it weren't for such an easy final quarter of the season, Indy could have missed the playoffs.

He missed all of 2011 due to neck surgery.

Peyton's play noticeably dropped in the second half of 2014.

We all know the horrors that was 2015 Zombie Peyton.

Edited by Elky

13 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

I think it would help if you read.

16 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Newton is worse than Dalton.

13 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

As I go through the data, you're right. Dalton is the epitome of average. 

Newton is bad because he's an inaccurate, erratic QB that's propped up because he's a good running back. Outside of one miraculous outlier season, he's been largely terrible. When your completion percentage, interception percentage, passer rating, Y/A, AY/A, NY/A, and ANY/A are ALL worse than the likes of Marcus Mariota I'll always view you as a bad QB.