Myles Garrett Reinstated

HTTRDynasty

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

So long as both he and the league know he act on the premise of him having a zero tolerance policy moving forward. Then that's good enough. 

I think you’re being over dramatic. No one said much about Leonard Little or Dante Stalworth murdering people. Then you have the whole Brady and Bb thing and no ones going to deny them being in the HOF

2 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

I think you’re being over dramatic. No one said much about Leonard Little or Dante Stalworth murdering people. Then you have the whole Brady and Bb thing and no ones going to deny them being in the HOF

Donte Stallworth didn't murder anyone bro. Was he irresponsible absolutely. The dude in question was J-Walking at 7 AM. Stallworth slept after a night of drinking and woke up the next morning (under the thought that he had sobered up) and was at that point going to drive home. The dude he hit walked out between two parallel parked cars and Stallworth didn't see him in time. 

Not the point of the thread though. Garrett doesn't have the laundry list Burfict does, but this one thing is far worse than anything Burfict did.

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

Please tell me you're joking.

No. Garrett learned his lesson. Harsh punishment to begin with. He deserved it, but it was steep. Hopefully Rudolph learned something out of it also. He probably should have been suspended for instigating it. Obviously at a lesser level. He didn’t actually want the noise, just wanted to be a tough guy.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

So long as both he and the league know he act on the premise of him having a zero tolerance policy moving forward. Then that's good enough. 

Oh yeah, he's got absolutely no leeway to make another mistake. He might be subjected to a few more flags for late hits on the QB or such - those "bang-bang" plays where he might have gotten the QB low, or might have made H2H contact - he's not going to get the benefit anymore, he's going to be flagged and probably fined for a lot.

If he does something like throw a punch at someone (like he did to Delanie Walker) then he's getting ejected and suspended/fined for a game or so.

If he rips off another helmet (doesn't even have to hit someone) he's done. There will be no discussion, he's done.

Just now, NateDawg said:

No. Garrett learned his lesson. Harsh punishment to begin with. He deserved it, but it was steep. Hopefully Rudolph learned something out of it also. He probably should have been suspended for instigating it. Obviously at a lesser level. He didn’t actually want the noise, just wanted to be a tough guy.

Out of curiosity. Did anyone else actually confirm what Garrett claimed Rudolph had said? A 1-2 game suspension for Rudolph may have been suitable then, but I still feel this is a case where Garrett should have been made an example of. 

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Out of curiosity. Did anyone else actually confirm what Garrett claimed Rudolph had said? A 1-2 game suspension for Rudolph may have been suitable then, but I still feel this is a case where Garrett should have been made an example of. 

I think the only evidence was whatever was shown on video of Mason being the aggressor. Like grabbing around his neck / kicking in the nads.

Which, OK fine if you want the smoke, but then Myles had allllll the smoke. 

Edited by Fl0nkerton

23 minutes ago, Danger said:

Donte Stallworth didn't murder anyone bro. Was he irresponsible absolutely. The dude in question was J-Walking at 7 AM. Stallworth slept after a night of drinking and woke up the next morning (under the thought that he had sobered up) and was at that point going to drive home. The dude he hit walked out between two parallel parked cars and Stallworth didn't see him in time. 

Not the point of the thread though. Garrett doesn't have the laundry list Burfict does, but this one thing is far worse than anything Burfict did.

Drunk driving is a weapon homey. Specially driving a car. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Nothing he said should have any bearing in the matter whatsoever.  If you are a person who can be driven to action like that just by hearing a knucklehead say a single word that you hate, you have no business being out and about in civilized society.  You are an animal and need to be locked up to protect said society.

What Myles Garrett did was horrible but, you're basically whitewashing the history of the word, intentionally or not. The word isn't just a racial slur just because, it's a completely loaded term that carries a lot of nasty subtext with it (the implication being "I own you", when used to another black person). There's a reason the word is offensive, and it's not arbitrary. It's even worse when you consider Mason's... checkered history.

I don't know if Mason Rudolph actually said it. I don't know if we'll ever know. But if he did say it, he deserved far worse than he got. If you're the type of person to shout racial epithets at people to get them riled up and attack you so that you can play the victim (and there is absolutely a history of this happening throughout the world), you're less than a human being. You have no heart, you have no feelings, you're not really a person. The kind of person who uses that kind of racial slur to another black person is the one who doesn't deserve be in civilized society and should be locked up forever to protect the rest of us (obviously this would never happen for practical reasons, but we're talking should, not would).

Myles Garrett earned his suspension. There's no arguing that. You can even argue he deserved a bigger suspension. But I don't feel sorry in the slightest for Mason Rudolph.

• Like 2

Suspension served, so Garrett should be reinstated. Unfortunately, I saw no consequences at all for Rudolph. Even if you believe he didn't initiate it by trying to shove Garrett off

(and getting offended about being sacked), Rudolph could have helped diffuse the situation by letting his teammates handle it and stay the hell away. Nope. He had to chase down that all important helmet. ¬¬

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

he never did was hit someone in the head with a helmet

looks like he drilled McCoy in the head with a helmet. One had about 250+LBs of mass in it and behind it and the other had a swinging downward motion.

The leak about the claim myles made about the racial slur was released BY the NFL. I think that shows you how absurd they thought it was. If there was a shred of truth to it, the NFL wouldn't have leaked that info

• Like 1