Trade Chubb?

BleedTheClock

Just now, DaWg_LB. said:

Just to make it sure I am being clear. I do not want to trade Nick Chubb.

At the same time, because of the volatility of the position AND the ability to find replacements from the anywhere from day 1, 2, 3 or UDFA. Two first rounders for a RB would have to make any team listen to the offer at least.

Absolutely!

I love Nick Chubb as much as the next guy, but in all honesty, if we could get essentially:

*JK Dobbins

*2021 1st

...for Nick Chubb, you'd have to at least consider pulling the trigger there, if not doing it outright.

• Like 2

On 2/15/2020 at 3:06 PM, NudeTayne said:

If we can get multiple firsts, we have to at least entertain the conversation. It's cold and calculated, but we've seen it go awry for pretty much every time signing a star RB in the past several years. 

That said, I don't think we can really have this conversation in earnest into after we re-sign Kareem--*prepares for backlash about the risks*--for a very reasonable extension.

Chubb is a heavy back with a serious injury history; it's a big risk to give him huge money.

If I got offered two firsts for Chubb I'd take it so fast. RB is a RB is a RB, no matter how good. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Absolutely!

I love Nick Chubb as much as the next guy, but in all honesty, if we could get essentially:

*JK Dobbins

*2021 1st

...for Nick Chubb, you'd have to at least consider pulling the trigger there, if not doing it outright.

12 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

If I got offered two firsts for Chubb I'd take it so fast. RB is a RB is a RB, no matter how good. 

Especially when you have a former rushing champ already on the roster as your 1a option in 2020.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Absolutely!

*JK Dobbins

*2021 1st

Probably not realistic though. If the Browns know the market for a running back, chances are that the rest of the NFL does also. After all, there is only one Ryan Grigson out there and he is already here…

All that for me to say, it would have to be a deal that blew my pants off to consider getting rid of Chubb. And two years into his contract, I’m not sure it makes any sense. Then you just start over with the next guy, when your current guy isn’t even near the end of his contract. 

One of the reasons you due things this way is because you have flowers,Myles, and Young together for a minimum of 5 years without exploding the salary cap.

2 If you went down that road if the GM and head coaches dont work out you get to get the best defensive minded head coach available. 

3 if baker mayfield develops as hoped you have a dynasty.