Football's Future: This is the End Mafia - Night 8 ends Monday, 3/2 at 10:00 PM EST

rackcs

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

1. I really like the game. I just hate that role.

2. The OP role both time was found early (Squire N1, Dome D2 (lynched like N3 or 4)) and still won.

3. What you are calling "civ incompetence" (me 100% in that category) I would call "just being a civ". The entire structure of these games is that civs are uninformed and guessing a lot.

3a. By day 6 - 5 non town had been killed. And we still lost. Thats insanity!!!

4. I really like your games, this one included. 

The problem I had is

1. The 3 lives (2 flipped town)

2. The easy wincon of killing 4 people. Way too easy to meet when you have 3 lives and can kill even if lynched. 

3. The ability to kill and motivate the same night 

That role should have met their wincon 8/10 times or better imo. 

Still fun game though.  

8 hours ago, squire12 said:

N2:  mwil -- Kill #2

The irony here is astounding. I'll be blunt, you mimicking MWil is probably the reason that you happened to not play completely incompetent this game.

Also, as much as I want to berate you and hound you for your blatant cowardly actions, I suppose I can't fault you for taking out the best player early. In a game of chess against me, you'd come up wanting down the stretch. Taking out the biggest and baddest man in prison with a cheap shot isn't noble, but it does get the job done.

By sheer elimination of the rest, Squire was the de facto only person who remotely deserved to win, if you can say that anyone deserved to win. The sheer ineptitude of everyone else in this game was truly an absolute train wreck to observe down the stretch, albeit not without it's fascinating and semi amusing points.

8 hours ago, squire12 said:
  On 2/24/2020 at 8:48 PM, rackcs said:
On 2/24/2020 at 7:48 PM, rackcs said:

Welcome to the Forum Meetup squire12!

You are Mwil23, Forum-Aligned

You are one of the genuinely nicer guys on the forum and are always uplifting people with your kindness. Each day phase you will go talk someone up

*SwAg mode off*

@rackcs you nailed that one. I always knew you loved me. Now everyone knows.

I was the thief, and I stated that I was amused by the not so subtle attempt to show that SwAg steal's everyone else's ideas, to the point of where I audibly laughed reading over his description and ability, which was that once at any point during the game, I could steal anyone's role and render them vanilla.

I figured that N1 I would be targeted, so I did nothing, which was difficult for me. I almost from word go went all in to steal @The Orca's ability, knowing that he was governor, as that's exactly what @SwAg would do. I was then going to meme in my SwAg meta, saying that I would only allow an Orca lynch, and would pardon anyone else, buying me time for scum not to hit me.

N2, I had a pretty good idea that @squire12 was PP, and @rackcs can confirm I went back and forth between stealing Squire's ability or either Gopher/Flacco's, having a vig read on Flacco (wrong, but no Town had a vig ability). I found out after the fact that even if I stole Squire's ability, it would only be his motivator and not vig anyway. I was planning on, should I get the vig ability, killing SwAg, posting his "baby back *****" gif, talking outrageous trash in his meta, and forever having the trump card over him of being the best SwAg, resulting in a plus for Town (I knew SwAg was scum when he let Touch die N1) in a scum kill and more importantly, my amusement factor.

Squire, I hope you know that killing me only resulted in this game becoming less amusing without SwAg 0.5

8 hours ago, The Orca said:

Refuted lmao. No you didnt. That's why you had like 3 or 4 votes to 1 for anyone else when Malf posted about your error. You were still the lynch I believe. Pretty much the only choice the whole day. You are the one with the distorted view 

Just because you say nuh uh. Doesnt mean the original point has been refuted and completely nullified and clearly in this case it wasnt 

Yeah, I had 3 votes from people who were doing what you were doing.  You decided I was scum, and were unable to articulate a sustained justification, so you simply sat there.

There is no one in this game, or observing this game, except KSJ and Rick who will agree with you, and they’re idiots.

I don’t know why I’m even responding.  Your arguments now are different than they were then, and the arguments then are demonstrably incorrect in hindsight.  That’s literally the point: you chose a result, and every articulated means of reaching that conclusion was proven wrong by me or after the fact.  Someday you’ll comprehend.

I maintain that people who are blatantly wrong on the reasons for alignment and the rationale thereof while simultaneously being correct on alignment make it unbelievably difficult to navigate and argue with, as logic obviously is completely out the window and lost. It's egregious.

• Like 1

You shouldn't be wasting your time responding. His narrative is clearly changing with the tides and demonstrable logical fallacies. His use of inductive reasoning and outright willful discarding of any semblance of a scientific method wherein he comes to his conclusion first and then cherry picks anything that could potentially be deemed as "evidence" to support that ridiculous assertion is painfully transparent.

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I was the thief, and I stated that I was amused by the not so subtle attempt to show that SwAg steal's everyone else's ideas, to the point of where I audibly laughed reading over his description and ability, which was that once at any point during the game, I could steal anyone's role and render them vanilla.

I figured that N1 I would be targeted, so I did nothing, which was difficult for me. I almost from word go went all in to steal @The Orca's ability, knowing that he was governor, as that's exactly what @SwAg would do. I was then going to meme in my SwAg meta, saying that I would only allow an Orca lynch, and would pardon anyone else, buying me time for scum not to hit me.

N2, I had a pretty good idea that @squire12 was PP, and @rackcs can confirm I went back and forth between stealing Squire's ability or either Gopher/Flacco's, having a vig read on Flacco (wrong, but no Town had a vig ability). I found out after the fact that even if I stole Squire's ability, it would only be his motivator and not vig anyway. I was planning on, should I get the vig ability, killing SwAg, posting his "baby back *****" gif, talking outrageous trash in his meta, and forever having the trump card over him of being the best SwAg, resulting in a plus for Town (I knew SwAg was scum when he let Touch die N1) in a scum kill and more importantly, my amusement factor.

Squire, I hope you know that killing me only resulted in this game becoming less amusing without SwAg 0.5

Good news is no matter who you chose, you were taking counselors ability :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Good news is no matter who you chose, you were taking counselors ability :)

I ended up deciding on Flacco, who wasn't a vig, so thankfully it wouldn't have mattered anyway. The thought of holding the game hostage while impersonating SwAg would have been glorious though.