Panthers to keep Cam Newton for some reason

Ty21

He only has one year left on his contract. Draft a QB high and have him sit behind Newton until they're mathematically eliminated or once the season is over. After that let Cam walk.

Edited by Elky
  • Like 3

If he’s hurt they couldn’t really trade him anyways 

this could just as easily be the panthers trying to recoup some his his value by showing some faith in him as a starter

they could just roll into 2020 with cam, you could do worse, but I’m not sure this guarantees he’s back 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Right now 5they dont have much of a choice. He isnt healthy. When he finally is, Its possible the hope is that he plays well enough that they can trade him before the deadline.

What sense does that make? If Cam is playing well, 9 times out of 10, the team is playing well. Why would a team do something dumb like trade the QB in the middle of the season when they could be in contention? Why would a team pull the plug on their own season just to trade him and start all over with a new guy?

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

What sense does that make? If Cam is playing well, 9 times out of 10, the team is playing well. Why would a team do something dumb like trade the QB in the middle of the season when they could be in contention? Why would a team pull the plug on their own season just to trade him and start all over with a new guy?

What sense? I'm not sure it makes any at all. I agree with that. But at the same time I'm offering a possible perspective that, knowing he really doesnt have trade value right now perhaps they're hoping he develops some to be able to get something out of him. That all would hinge on landing Tua or Herbert though.

The most likely scenario and smartest decision is simply to ride out the final year of his contract and then start over.

• Like 1