Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

mission27

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Spain's first death was on March 2nd, today alone they had 31 deaths. Death is a lagging indicator with Covid-19. Yikes. 

showing ANY symptoms is a lagging indicator. For every confirmed case, they have been spreading it for 2+ weeks. 

When people say it isn't a big deal because there are only 5 confirmed cases in their state, what that actually means is that there are a few thousand unknown cases and dozens of future deaths.

6 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Then just close this, honestly, or put "ONLY POST STATS" in big bold letters in the title. If that's the baseline okay, but then people need to know that's the baseline.

There have been 30 pages where NOBODY went this direction. It seems as if the issue is with you, not this topic.

• Like 1

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Spain's first death was on March 2nd, today alone they had 31 deaths. Death is a lagging indicator with Covid-19. Yikes. 

Spain is tracking to end up worse than Italy, and Italy's govt, while historically unstable is actually holding up very well and hasn't been terrible unstable since coming to power last year.

Spain's govt is on the verge of collapse and is basically 3 factions in constant conflict with each other, on top of being a favored holiday destination for British expats.

Gonna get worse than Italy there soon, IMO.

I hope this pandemic forces the US to really reevaluate itself. School districts are resisting or delaying closure because segments of their student body depend on the school system for basic necessities like food, running water, shelter and supervision. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, animaltested said:

I hope this pandemic forces the US to really reevaluate itself. School districts are resisting or delaying closure because segments of their student body depend on the school system for basic necessities like food, running water, shelter and supervision. 

people should have just worked harder so they could afford a bunker or two.

• Like 4

Just now, animaltested said:

A lot of schools are also not set up to allow for remote learning.  My wife's school can't just send everyone home because school issued laptops aren't a thing.  So they can't do videos or anything.  Just send home workbook pages, which only goes so far.

There's also the issue of what do you with the younger ones (3rd-kindergarten), since generally they can't stay home by themselves and their parents still have to work.

Plus, and this is a lesser issue, but still an issue: teachers and schools really like their June-August break.  If they only get an August break there might be a riot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

@MWil23 Lebanon city schools are closed tomorrow 

eta: for planning and evaluation.  May be open Monday.

I just got that alert! Rumor has it that DeWine is about to cancel school for 3 weeks. Staff still report and teach remotely. We will need training and resources. This is unreal.

• Like 1