Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

1 minute ago, Fatgerman said:

Holy crap, I thought we were just kidding. You guys are owned by the Brits? Wow! We told those guys to go screw like a 300 years ago. 

Yeah, we kind of just dont give a crap. We could drop them but, thats a lot of papaer work. Also get to win some golds and the anglo special olympics aka as the commonwealth games. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Wut?  Are you implying people won’t want to visit the U.S. of A.?!?

Lay off the sauce Kangaroo Jack

People have lost 1000s in travel $$

People will be working from home more or using teleconference systems. 

Theybwill stick to it im gurssing.

5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

People will be working from home more or using teleconference systems. 

Theybwill stick to it im gurssing.

You probably are right.

Been working that way for years.

I know that I will not travel at all unless it is absolutely necessary, which is hard to imagine.

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Yeah, we kind of just dont give a crap. We could drop them but, thats a lot of papaer work. Also get to win some golds and the anglo special olympics aka as the commonwealth games. 

So what you're saying is, you want me to come over to New Zealand and lead your people to revolution. I'm in! I'm so in! Together we will free your people, kiwi! We will tell our English enemies that they may take your lives, but they will never take...my freedom!!!!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

So what you're saying is, you want me to come over to New Zealand and lead your people to revolution. I'm in! I'm so in! Together we will free your people, kiwi! We will tell our English enemies that they may take your lives, but they will never take...my freedom!!!!

Why do they have to our lives but you get to keep your freedom? Seems like a raw deal for us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I absolutely respect Joe Schobert and his skill set. However, at the end of the day, Depo, Berry, and Stefanski understand where the league is and where it’s going.

Runningbacks and linebackers can and will be replaced unless they’re truly special.

We're drafting 2 LBs every year for the foreseeable future. 

Just now, ditchdigger said:

We're drafting 2 LBs every year for the foreseeable future. 

I mean, why is everyone so low on Wilson/Takitaki? Bring in one stable cheap veteran from cut days and I personally have no problem rolling those 2 out there next year and seeing what we have

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean, why is everyone so low on Wilson/Takitaki? Bring in one stable cheap veteran from cut days and I personally have no problem rolling those 2 out there next year and seeing what we have

We need a hog at nt and i feel like our linebackers will be ok.

Wilson can cover tight ends and takitaki can go sidelone to sideline.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Our meh LB unit lost our best LB to Jax. 

We need some help there. 

At the same time we essentially gained a wildcard in Takitaki who was injured/behind that veteran last year. He seems like a hard worker and could take a big jump given actual PT. 

Still to your point I would make it a goal to grab a proven vet who is released at some point but I wouldnt go into full panic yet.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

They have deficiencies. Every day 3 LB does, or they'd go higher. 

I now think they view LB as a package player instead of starter, and will acquire a multitude of cheap players who can fulfill different roles. That doesn't mean replacing the young guys we have, just adding guys who can do other things.

Some of the players they add will not work out, which is why I think they will be adding more options each year.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Our meh LB unit lost our best LB to Jax. 

We need some help there. 

Berry and co are to focus in secondary and dline and not get lbs  

Howie only pays safetys and dline on defense.

Bill b prioritizes secondary over linebackers while coachjng the hell out of the dline. 

That looks like our model a d it look like the plan set up from last year.

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Berry and co are to focus in secondary and dline and not get lbs  

Howie only pays safetys and dline on defense.

Bill b prioritizes secondary over linebackers while coachjng the hell out of the dline. 

That looks like our model a d it look like the plan set up from last year.

Im trying to look for connections to our coaching staff from other teams. for the secondary. Jenkins = Berry, Parks = Woods, Harris = Stefanski. Any others?

I'd sign Darren Lee to a heavily incentive-laced contract. I still believe he can be good if he's played right. Two years ago he was one of the best coverage backers in the league. Then last year, KC puts him on the shelf, going with a big run stuffing backer instead. 

You put him at the Will where he can cover, blitz, and run & hit, he'll thrive. You expect him to be a take on backer who stuffs the run, he'll fail.

Edited by Fatgerman