If you were Brady which team would you pick?

dll2000

Whyyyyy, Jacksonville, of course! Count the reasons- the heat, the crime, the swamps, the smell!

Jacksonville Used to Smell Really, Really Bad

The rich history of Jaguars quarterbacks!

HOUSTON, TX- NOVEMBER 18: Blaine Gabbert #11 of the Jacksonville Jaguars is hit an injured by Danieal Manning #38 of the Houston Texans  (38)on November 18, 2012 at Reliant Stadium in Houston, Texas. Gabbert left the game because of the injury. (Photo by Thomas B. Shea/Getty Images)

The yokels who pronounce the team name as the "Jag-wires"!

The opportunity to minshew Gardner Mentor! I mean, I mean, to mentor Gardner Minshew!

NFL: AUG 15 Preseason - Eagles at Jaguars

Sexy and exciting owner!

Open this photo in galleryCPTVQZH2HFI6LIO34MFVU4XZUY.jpg

The prospect of playing more and more games in London, despite the shrill insistence of a blindly-loyal poster claiming that said sexy owner will NEVER move the Jaguars to England!

Shahid-Kahn-1200-and-Wembley-Stadium-Cre

(Edit, and note to poster who sent me the carping P.M: That really is Shad Khan, and not a "newborn baby chipmunk", although I sort of see your point)

The possibility of Tom Brady and Sizzle Bundtcake winnowing their way into the Royal Family, after a recent shocking defection!

getty_960173986_200013591837852163102_410558.jpg

The revolving door of talented players frantic to escape from the Jacksonville Jaguars!!!

GettyImages-1177223774-1024x712.jpg

usatsi_11776752.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

BOR650964.png

-

Edited by bzane
  • Like 6

If I’m Tom Brady I probably want to make sure I get the chance to play against the Patriots, either in the regular season, playoffs, or both and I probably don’t want to go to a Mickey Mouse Operation.

1. Tennessee Titans – Pretty much all the reasons have been mentioned already. Good roster and coach with weapons that should make Brady happy.

2. Dallas Cowboys – Now this is assuming they would be willing to take Brady for 2 years and let Dak go. Nothing would be bigger than Tom Brady playing for the Cowboys, and they have a solid roster as well. The division looks “easy” enough for the next couple seasons anyway. I think most would agree the Redskins and Giants are probably two seasons away from being legit, the Eagles will be tough if they stay healthy, but most divisions have two good teams. The only downfall to this is the Cowboys don’t play the Patriots in 2020 so the only way he could get his “revenge” is if they were to meet in the Super Bowl.

3. Pittsburgh Steelers – Again this is assuming they would be willing to move off Big Ben (Not sure if they could make the salary cap work since they are last in cap space for 2020?) and, we are just playing this out as if we are Tom Brady (He will want a solid foundation). The Steelers are a great organization, are in the AFC, went 8-8 with terrible QB play, plus Tomlin is a good coach. It would be nice if they could add some weapons on offense through the draft and FA if possible.

4. Indianapolis Colts – Another good franchise, coach, and roster. Colts have lots of cap space, but would Tom Brady want to play in the house that Peyton built?

After those 4 to me it's all teams with some good things, some bad, plus other factors.

Los Angeles Chargers – Weapons on both sides of the ball are there, plenty of cap space, and the LA factor. That being said would he trust the coach, the front office, the OL, and being the “2nd” team in LA. Also, the Reid and Mahomes factor.

Las Vegas Raiders – Good RB, TE, OL, and WRs 2 on down, but the defense still needs lots of work and do you want to have to try and beat Andy Reid and Mahomes every year?

Chicago Bears – The defense is ready to win now, I am not sure how their OL and weapons are?

Miami Dolphins – Same division as NE, lots of draft picks and cap space, familiar coach, but can they get things turned around enough in a year or two?

New York Jets – Don’t see him and Adam Gase seeing eye to eye

Buffalo Bills – Roster is nice, but Buffalo is a small market.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Very nice weapons especially at WR and TE, first in cap space, but how is their OL? And that Defense needs work

Denver Broncos – This could be a dark horse option, yes Peyton won here but it was his 2nd team. They are 8th in Cap space, have some decent players on offense (Sutton, Fant, Lindsey) but they need to add more and keep working on the OL. Defense is ready to go especially with getting Chubb back healthy. That being said after I wrote all that I remembered the Reid and Mahomes factor haha

San Francisco 49ers – Would they really bench/trade Jimmy G for 1-2 years of Brady? If so then yes, yes, and yes

New York Giants – If it was just about having Barkley, Engram, and an underrated WR core then this would make some sense, but does he trust Joe Judge to fix that OL and Defense in time?

Detroit Lions – He knows the coach, getting to play in a Dome 9 games each year would be a nice thing, but Tom Brady playing in Detroit? Just don’t see it

1 hour ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Chicago Bears – The defense is ready to win now, I am not sure how their OL and weapons are?

Well pretty much only player who played good on O last year was Robinson.  Leaving QB out of it:

The O line decided to become the keystone cops and every single guy had their worst year all together.  They not only couldn't block, but they constantly missed assignments.  There were zero holes in running game and pass protection was a sieve.  

Cohen, who normally has sticky hands, forgot how to catch.  

Both starting TEs, who aren't very good to begin with, got hurt. They played with a cut player and a rookie UDFA.  

Miller (their #2 WR) was playing with a bum shoulder - again.

Their speed guy - Gabriel - had a bad year and was bullied by bigger DBs.  So they couldn't stretch defense at all. 

It was like a perfect storm of offensive crap.  

Basically it was QB running around with a bum shoulder of his own trying to find Robinson on every play because they can do nothing else.  Fans and media screaming at HC over play calling.  There were no plays you could call.  Nothing worked.

You can scream at HC about execution.  That's fine.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tom cody said:

The Chargers, they need a QB, he's from California. Why not go home to finish your career?

I still stand by supreme confidence that Brady has more sense than to tie himself to Dean Spanos the Witless Wonder.

But I have to question, why do people still think that Northern California and Southern California are so synonymous just because they're in the same state?  Do we consider Pennsylvania or New Jersey and Georgia to be synonymous?  Because that's the kind of distance between Marin (where Brady is from) and Los Angeles.  If anything, there's almost a tribe culture if you're brought up in NorCal to be conditioned to dislike SoCal, and vice versa.

• Like 4

I think the Titans are the only team other than the Pats that Brady could ultimately sign with.

Raiders/Chargers - I can't see Brady being that excited to face the Chiefs and Broncos (his kryptonite) twice a year. Never mind that the Chargers o-line isn't good and Giselle openly hates LA (according to Brady's close friend Willie McGinest).

Colts/Giants - Albert Breer mentioned in his latest SI article that both these teams aren't expected to pursue Brady so I'd scratch them off the list.

Cowboys - I'll honestly be shocked if they don't re-sign Dak.

Dolphins - can't see Brady going to a rebuilding team

Bucs - have nice offensive weapons but I can't see Brady excited to face the Saints twice a year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Indy because of the lulz if he won as many Super Bowls for the Colts as Peyton 

That part 2 episode of Peytons Places would be great xD

Seriously, that was a good episode. So funny to see those two being snarky to each other about who is better.

On 3/3/2020 at 10:09 AM, tom cody said:

The Chargers, they need a QB, he's from California. Why not go home to finish your career?

370 miles away...

I could see the Niners, since he grew up a 49ers fan. But Lynch would be crazy to dump Jimmy (unless a boatload of picks are involved) for Tom on a one-year real.