If you were Brady which team would you pick?

dll2000

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

So is this all an ego thing for Brady, right ? Prove he can succeed w/out BB ?

sort of

I wrote this earlier:

I don't think Bill views Tom as "The Man" anymore, that's Belichick's dispassionate view of TB's play
And maybe that's why Brady is looking elsewhere; he's not willing to accept that assessment

That's what makes Tom, Tom and it's also what makes Bill, Bill.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I like how everyone just assumes Brady will have no problem and or issues learning a brand New System /Offense!  As if a seamless transition to becoming a Titan, 49er or Raider is a given?

NFL concepts are all very similar. It’s the lingo that changes from team to team. You don’t think Tom can figure that out in an offseason? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I like how everyone just assumes Brady will have no problem and or issues learning a brand New System /Offense!  As if a seamless transition to becoming a Titan, 49er or Raider is a given?

Do you really think there is an OC out there that's going to say "Tom, you follow my philosophy and concepts, or you're out..." 

Brady is introducing the playbook, the route concepts and the language wherever he goes. The OC is tasked with modifying their efforts to Brady, not the other way around. 

I don't care who it is... Kyle Shanahan, Mike Shanahan, Jon Gruden, Jay Gruden, Arthur Smith, King Arthur and Merlin... They yield their offense to Brady and work around his preferences. They don't ask him to learn anything.

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

NFL concepts are all very similar. It’s the lingo that changes from team to team. You don’t think Tom can figure that out in an offseason? 

Not saying he cant figure it out, its moreso if he can actually be effective doing it. His play has declined each of the past few years and he wound up with the 17th best QBR in the NFL last season. Hes going to be 43 years old when the season starts.....

Maybe a chance of scenery will jolt him for 2-3 more good seasons or maybe he just goes full 2015 Peyton and falls apart. I bet the latter is more likely

I'll stick with my first thought - the Chargers.

`1.  The 2018 team won 12 games.   The core from that team is still there, and still young - but about to get expensive after 2020 (Bosa, Hunter Henry - getting tagged) & 2021 (Derwin James, Keenan Allen, Ekeler).  The window to win is now.

2.   Their main weakness on O was Rivers...and the OL.   They've already upgraded G with Trai Turner.  That also allows them to have a serviceable C to back up Pouncey in Dan Feeney (who was a failed G draft choice, but actually was OK as a C when he took over, and should excel with a full offseason to play there).    They still need to upgrade T - but 1.6 would get them an elite LT prospect.

3.  They have the draft capital to get a T in an early 2nd round pick, and unlike most teams picking in the early spots - a willingness to try and win now....for Trent Williams.  That could allow them to go Wirfs/Williams for example.  Massive OL upgrade. 

4.   They need a marquee name and a winning team to dig into the LA marketshare.   TB12 fits the bill in a huge way (so could Tua, but I don't see MIA letting him fall past them). 

5.   Tom & Gisele clearly love the CAL lifestyle, and LA would be great for her.

I get the TEN/IND/Vegas reasons, but I wouldn't discount the LAC scenario at all.

57 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Not saying he cant figure it out, its moreso if he can actually be effective doing it. His play has declined each of the past few years and he wound up with the 17th best QBR in the NFL last season. Hes going to be 43 years old when the season starts.....

Maybe a chance of scenery will jolt him for 2-3 more good seasons or maybe he just goes full 2015 Peyton and falls apart. I bet the latter is more likely

Eh, I’m not too worried about it. He needs more help now than he did a decade ago (even half a decade ago), but if he has adequate protection and a good receiving group he can still play at a high-level.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Do you really think there is an OC out there that's going to say "Tom, you follow my philosophy and concepts, or you're out..." 

Brady is introducing the playbook, the route concepts and the language wherever he goes. The OC is tasked with modifying their efforts to Brady, not the other way around. 

I don't care who it is... Kyle Shanahan, Mike Shanahan, Jon Gruden, Jay Gruden, Arthur Smith, King Arthur and Merlin... They yield their offense to Brady and work around his preferences. They don't ask him to learn anything.

That's exactly!!!!, my point. Now it's not Brady adapting but the entire offense / OC adapting to Bradys playbook. Is that supposed to be a flawless transition for those players too? 

This isn't a plug and play situation. This won't be Peyton 2.0 in Denver throwing for 50TD IMO.  There will be struggles, regardless of who has to adapt. Tom or the entire Offense around him. That's all.

Edited by Nabbs4u

On 3/3/2020 at 2:23 PM, The LBC said:

I still stand by supreme confidence that Brady has more sense than to tie himself to Dean Spanos the Witless Wonder.

But I have to question, why do people still think that Northern California and Southern California are so synonymous just because they're in the same state?  Do we consider Pennsylvania or New Jersey and Georgia to be synonymous?  Because that's the kind of distance between Marin (where Brady is from) and Los Angeles.  If anything, there's almost a tribe culture if you're brought up in NorCal to be conditioned to dislike SoCal, and vice versa.

Thing is, though, if Gisele still modeling is a thing....LA is where it's at.   So gotta keep that in mind, too.    Fair enough on NoCal and SoCal being very different, though.

Edited by Broncofan

56 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

That's exactly!!!!, my point. Now it's not Brady adapting but the entire offense / OC adapting to Bradys playbook. Is that supposed to be a flawless transition for those players too? 

How is this different than any offense that hires a new OC? Or any offense that brings in a new QB? If it's a smart, experienced OC (Shanahan, Gruden) it should be fairly straightforward - lots of film study, lots of meetings with Brady to design the system.

It's not like Brady is going to say "figure it out" and then go golfing either, Brady is an obsessive workaholic who'll spend an unhealthy amount of time getting everyone up to speed. If it means flying his WRs out to some hidden facility to throw to them for 15+ hours a day, it'll happen. Brady himself is a perfectionist - he's not going to let others around him lag (unless they're simply not good anymore, which was the situation last season).

56 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

This isn't a plug and play situation. This won't be Peyton 2.0 in Denver throwing for 50TD IMO.  

Why can't it be? How much experience did Manning and Gary Kubiak/Rick Dennison have prior to their team up? How much experience did Manning have with Demaryius Thomas/Eric Decker? Sure, 5,000/55 TDs is a moonshot, but what about Manning's first year in Denver (John Fox as HC, 13-3 record) when he hit 4,600/37/11? Are those attainable numbers or is there some other invisible barrier that's going to prevent Brady from performing at a high level?

On 3/5/2020 at 9:49 AM, Broncofan said:

5.   Tom & Gisele clearly love the CAL lifestyle, and LA would be great for her.

This is simply not true. There’s this from Brady’s good friend Willie McGinest (source):

“I’ll just give you one little nugget, somebody really important to Tom Brady … who he spends every day with … his other half … doesn’t like it out here in California. She doesn’t like it out here in California. So that may factor in to that decision, too. Because you have to have that conversation with your wife, right? And your family. ‘Hey, I’m thinking about X, Y and Z.’ And, you know, happy wife, happy life as well.”

Never mind that they sold their LA mansion years ago to Dr. Dre, NYC (and Europe) make way more sense for Gisele since that’s where the fashion industry is, not LA like you mentioned in another post.

Edited by silence22