2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

It's such a Jets move to spend big on Byron Jones or James Bradberry...

Cb is a big need, but im.tired of spending big on it. Go find edge rushers that can create a pass rush. 

I'd rather go hard after a Dante Fowler than them, we havent had a legit edge since Abraham. 

Go find some bargains at cb and use a 3rd on one. 

Greg Van Roten could be a solid add at OG without spending huge, then hopefully Glaslow as well. Maybe Trent Williams.  

11 probably a OT. Round 2 WR. 

3 hours ago, Rich51 said:

Brady and Allen x2,ea, Prescott, Jackson. Wentz. You only play against the teams you play.
We also played a good portion of the year without our top 3ILBs (sometimes top 4)  and had a guy from our practice squad starting.  Also our CB position improved greatly when Austin, Maulet and Canady replaced Tru, Roberts and Hairston and of course we had no pass rusher. Our top rookie had a tough year but could come back in his 2nd year and play like he did in college. Mosely and Williamson will only improve our defense, as will not having Tru or Roberts. IMO our DL could be great and is waiting for a guy with some twitch. Even without signing a Fowler,Judon, Dupree or Beasley, A third round pick like Highsmith, Zuniga, Anae or Uche could have a major impact on our D

None of that changes the underlying issue I was pointing out: "My point being, don't let the "7th best defense" disguise the fact that we could very easily have the leagues worst CB and EDGE groups currently under contract."

Relying on GW's wizardry to mask our deficiencies at CB/EDGE isn't exactly a recipe for sustainable success, and while Mosley/Williamson will help, neither are going to fill the void at these positions. Also, you reminded me that we played Barkley not Allen week 17, so add him to my original list. 

I'm somewhat comfortable with Austin, Hairston, Canady, Poole and Maulet at Corner. 1 more piece there with improvements from the young guys should be solid enough with an improved pass rush.

Fowler has to be a Jet, it makes too much sense and we've been flirting with the idea far too long. Add Beasley as well and let them both loose off the EDGE on 3rd and long with Q/Fatukasi/Shep/Goose rotating on the interior, Maye deep middle and Mosley and Adams underneath holding down the quick reads.

17 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

It's such a Jets move to spend big on Byron Jones or James Bradberry...

Cb is a big need, but im.tired of spending big on it. Go find edge rushers that can create a pass rush. 

I'd rather go hard after a Dante Fowler than them, we havent had a legit edge since Abraham. 

Go find some bargains at cb and use a 3rd on one. 

Greg Van Roten could be a solid add at OG without spending huge, then hopefully Glaslow as well. Maybe Trent Williams.  

11 probably a OT. Round 2 WR. 

I agree that spending big on a CB (while releasing your biggest financial mistake in the past decade that happened to be a CB) isn’t that wise. 
But I also think, being desperate shouldn’t cloud our vision for overpaying a just ok pass rusher. Fowler isn’t top tier and I’m afraid he’ll get top tier money. I mean, he was traded from Jax to the Rams to be a situational pass rusher. That’s risky.

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Didn’t we just cut Trumaine (or at least let him know we will), why would we be literally looking to add another one in Bradberry? I reallly hope we don’t sign him or if we do it’s significantly less than we think it’s going to be. 

We cant really apply Tru's performance to what another player can bring to us. Tru was slow to begin with and lost a step so it hurt him in the long run because his strength(man press) was neutralized because he couldn't keep up with all the speed at Receiver.

For me this is what I'm looking for at Corner

1. Can you run?

2. Can you tackle?

3. Can you get your hands on the ball?

Revis spoiled us IMO but we dont need a player of his caliber to be great defensively.

16 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

We cant really apply Tru's performance to what another player can bring to us. Tru was slow to begin with and lost a step so it hurt him in the long run because his strength(man press) was neutralized because he couldn't keep up with all the speed at Receiver.

1. Can you run?

2. Can you tackle?

Revis spoiled us IMO but we dont need a player of his caliber to be great defensively.

But Bradberry will cost “Regis” money is the thing. He’s not worth it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

1. Can you run?

2. Can you tackle?

Yeah, Bradberry gets edge there. Still long term contract will haunt us if Bradberry doesn't become an overachiever as a Jet.  You said you are comfortable with current CBs but they need a veteran or proven CB to complement to that depth.  Jetskid's man Jimmy Smith can fit that mold.  Injury rating for CB depth could max out, however. lol.

Today, I feel like all CBs will get burn by speed WRs if they lose coverage somewhere within 10 yards of LOS.