Washington Redskins grant LT Trent Williams permission to seek a trade

jetskid007

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

ESPN’s John Keim reported back then that the Redskins were seeking a first-round pick for Williams, and NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported the organization was asking for big-name players such as 2018 No. 4 overall pick Denzel Ward as part of the deal. Keim also said no one came close to what the Redskins wanted.

One NFL talent evaluator estimated that Williams has at least four Pro Bowl-caliber seasons left in him, which might be enough to help get the Browns to a championship level.

The Browns would likely have to weigh giving up the No. 10 overall pick for Williams as opposed to drafting one of the top blindside protectors in this left-tackle rich draft.

New Redskins coach Ron Rivera has been talking to Williams and hoped to keep him, but the club gave him permission to seek his own deal on Thursday, according to Russini.

The Browns also have a strong connection to Peters, who spent the 2019 season in Philadelphia with Berry as assistant GM to Howie Roseman.

Peters is 38 and would be more of a stopgap measure than Williams, but would still give the Browns an elite player at the position for a few years.

Ask Browns fans what they think about Mary Kay. She’s higher than a kite if she thinks Cleveland will give up a 1st for TW.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Ask Browns fans what they think about Mary Kay. She’s higher than a kite if she thinks Cleveland will give up a 1st for TW.

Actually, I think it's Trent Williams that is probably higher than a kite.

He wants 20M+ a year...

Edited by aceinthehouse

21 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Jason Peters turned 38 in Jan.

Trent is 6 1/2 years younger.

I meant to make that edit lol. And exactly proving my point: doesn't matter how good Peters is, he's not impacting the trade market for Williams. If anything, he'll be a possible Alt to a team that doesn't get him. 

Personally, I think some of these veteran left tackles are in for a long wait. I don't see a team signing Beachum/Peters until after the draft. 

4 hours ago, Danger said:

Heavy weights I get it, but the form on those squats and bench is awful. Cheating the reps so bad.

Ive seen those half bench reps before, where you just go to the "sticking point" and then back... whether its beneficial or not i dont know but people actually do it intentionally. That squat was just awful though, how somehow with at least 15 years of lifting weights think thats a good rep is beyond me.

7 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Chargers should be all over this.  Trade us their 2nd rounder and use #6 on a RT or another offensive weapon.  Sign Tom Brady.  Profit.

If the Chargers acquire any LT via trade they're not taking an OT at #6.  Their 3rd round raw OT they drafted last year wasn't perfect, but they're also not going to just write him off - Sam Tevi, on the other hand, should just be written off.

Also, they have some cap-space, not a ton.  Even if Brady were nutty enough to tie himself to Dean Spanos (spoiler alert: he's not), he'd charge the Chargers the full amount ($30M AAV).  Plus then you're talking giving Williams a fat new deal.  And they have Bosa coming up for extension in another year.  Sorry, dude, the math doesn't add up.

13 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, we’ll most likely get a second and this draft class is stacked with tackles so we could probably just use that on his replacement. We could potentially sign Jason Peters for a year and draft a tackle high next year.

Why would a 3-13 team be forced to trade away from Chase Young for an OT? Are we gearing up for a super bowl run that I’m not aware of? 

You realize Derrius Guice is about to run for 6k yards this year, right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Miami maybe should get in on this? They have quite a few picks dont they?

I just think he would improve their team but then Miami probably isnt a prime location to him right now.

only if Miami gets a franchise QB in this year's draft. Otherwise, they need to develop talent. Even if you trade for Williams, you still need a quality prospect at LT, as Williams won't make it through a season healthy and he is likely going to fall off a cliff quickly.