Washington Redskins grant LT Trent Williams permission to seek a trade

jetskid007

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Cleveland seems like a prime candidate since they tried this year.

Yeah, but that was when Dorsey was GM. Doesn't mean we're not interested now, but I don't think Berry will give up a prime draft pick for an aging LT with a big contract. But who knows?

22 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Chargers should be all over this.  Trade us their 2nd rounder and use #6 on a RT or another offensive weapon.  Sign Tom Brady.  Profit.

That actually makes sense. Adding William's, Turner (trade) and said RT Draft pick instantly upgradeds that OL. Plenty of weapons, LA, that  might be enticing enough to get Brady!!

I think the Redskins could consider Kelvin Beachum as a stopgap. His reps (Relativity Sports) have a good rapport with the Redskins over the years. 

As far as teams that I expect to be in on Williams, gotta be a combination of need, money, and draft capital (likely a 2nd round pick)... 

• LAC 
  • CLE
  • NYJ
  • MIA 
  • BUF 

I don't think NE will be involved - not having a 2nd is going to hurt their chances, and since WAS doesn't have a 2nd they can't offer to swap. I don't think the Redskins will trade inter-divisionI with the NYG, but I guess they're a possibility. I'd call the Rams a dark horse assuming their commitment as Whitworth isn't blind. 

41 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Chargers should be all over this.  Trade us their 2nd rounder and use #6 on a RT or another offensive weapon.  Sign Philip Rivers.  Profit.

Fixed that for you. It won’t happen but a guy can dream. I mean improved offensive line and no Travis Benjamin. This team suddenly looks a lot better. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, we’ll most likely get a second and this draft class is stacked with tackles so we could probably just use that on his replacement. We could potentially sign Jason Peters for a year and draft a tackle high next year.

Why would a 3-13 team be forced to trade away from Chase Young for an OT? Are we gearing up for a super bowl run that I’m not aware of? 

Jason Peters probably isn't going anywhere that isn't a Super Bowl Contender this season.

ESPN’s John Keim reported back then that the Redskins were seeking a first-round pick for Williams, and NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported the organization was asking for big-name players such as 2018 No. 4 overall pick Denzel Ward as part of the deal. Keim also said no one came close to what the Redskins wanted.

One NFL talent evaluator estimated that Williams has at least four Pro Bowl-caliber seasons left in him, which might be enough to help get the Browns to a championship level.

The Browns would likely have to weigh giving up the No. 10 overall pick for Williams as opposed to drafting one of the top blindside protectors in this left-tackle rich draft.

New Redskins coach Ron Rivera has been talking to Williams and hoped to keep him, but the club gave him permission to seek his own deal on Thursday, according to Russini.

The Browns also have a strong connection to Peters, who spent the 2019 season in Philadelphia with Berry as assistant GM to Howie Roseman.

Peters is 38 and would be more of a stopgap measure than Williams, but would still give the Browns an elite player at the position for a few years.

Edited by HTTRDynasty

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I'm undoubtedly in the minority on this, and probably completely clueless, but...

... isn't anyone else reluctant to trade a premium draft pick for a 32 year old LT that wants a big contract and hasn't played football since 2019?

I agree. I wouldn't do it either.

But then again ..Laremy Tunsil was traded for 2 first Rd draft picks & a 2nd rounder...last season.

He now wants 20M+ a year.

Want to guess who the better LT is?

Like...by alot.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

I agree. I wouldn't do it either.

But then again ..Laremy Tunsil was traded for 2 first Rd draft picks & a 2nd rounder...last season.

He now wants 20M+ a year.

Want to guess who the better LT is?

Like...by alot.

... but Tunsil is 25 and may just be entering his prime.

Honestly, I'm not sure who the better LT is right now. Williams hasn't played football since 2019.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Boltstrikes said:

Fixed that for you. It won’t happen but a guy can dream. I mean improved offensive line and no Travis Benjamin. This team suddenly looks a lot better. 

I thought I was the only one who had this dream.