Chargers extend RFA Austin Ekeler (4 years; $25.5M)

Dr LBC

That's an awesome deal for both sides IMO - Ekeler gets guaranteed $$ before any risk of a timeshare drops his perception to be paid like a 3-down RB, while LAC can go with Jackson, or dive into the draft, and spend way less $ combined than a 2nd open market top RB deal, and get similar to better production, and greater risk spread.    

GM Telesco has had an awesome week.   Next up - address the T situation, and get the QB....not many other holes left on that team, it's not hard to envision them back into the playoffs and going head to head with KC for the AFCW next year (DEN is moving in the right path, but realistically we're a season behind, even if it all goes well and Lock works out).  

Edited by Broncofan

23 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

That's an awesome deal for both sides IMO - Ekeler gets guaranteed $$ before any risk of a timeshare drops his perception to be paid like a 3-down RB, while LAC can go with Jackson, or dive into the draft, and spend way less $ combined than a 2nd open market top RB deal, and get similar to better production, and greater risk spread.    

GM Telesco has had an awesome week.   Next up - address the T situation, and get the QB....not many other holes left on that team, it's not hard to envision them back into the playoffs and going head to head with KC for the AFCW next year (DEN is moving in the right path, but realistically we're a season behind, even if it all goes well and Lock works out).  

Thanks for the optimism. But right now, I can't see us doing better than anyone else in the AFC West currently. The QB part is the biggest factor. And Denver looks to be trending in the right direction quicker than us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Thanks for the optimism. But right now, I can't see us doing better than anyone else in the AFC West currently. The QB part is the biggest factor. And Denver looks to be trending in the right direction quicker than us.

Well, I still think TB12 or Teddy B is wearing powder blue next year, which fuels my statement above.  It won't be earth shattering, but it will be a guy who will play miles ahead of 2019 Rivers.  That would be more than enough.   

I mean, if it's Tyrod Taylor, OK, time to re-align expectations lol.

Edited by Broncofan

Continues to blow my mind how undervalued the RB position is compared to other positions as far as AAV goes. Not saying it shouldn't be that way, they usually fall off a cliff and are risky to sign long term after a certain age.

Just don't know why athletes still play that position knowing it's going to be that way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

It is until we know who the QB is, because Tyrod Taylor isn't the answer.

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It is until we know who the QB is, because Tyrod Taylor isn't the answer.

With 10-11 vets available as FA / trade (Brees / Brady / Teddy B / Winston / Tanny / Dalton / Cam / Foles / Brissett / Mariota maybe Rivers - who we know isn’t returning) and 7 teams with open spots for starters (NO / NE / TAM / TEN / LAC / CAR / IND - I’m assuming Burrow / CIN) it’s a fair assumption that it’s not going to be Tyrod as LA’s starter.    The supply of stopgap vet QB starters is far greater than the available spots. 

As I mentioned in my reply to @Xenos 2 posts later no argument if it’s Tyrod lol.  But the numbers game screams that it’s not likely him.  

Edited by Broncofan