Rams new logo unveiled

.Buzz

It's whatever I guess. But honestly, has the majority of people ever liked any new logo of anything at any point in time? Everybody always hates every new or redesigned logo/uniform. And then if you have it for a decade and change it, people complain about the new one.

12 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Kiltman - You seem to know a lot about this logo stuff, thanks for dropping the knowledge nuggets along the way

Always been into it, do some branding adjacent stuff for work sometimes too.

just want to pass along whatever I find ha. 

• Like 1

In 1991, the 49ers changed their logo from the classic "SF" to a new, very 90's looking, "49ers" logo. It was white, with black outline, and red shading. The backlash from the fans was so overwhelming that they switched it back a week or so later. So, for people who are saying the fans shouldn't complain, well, maybe they should. Fans will be able to get a "better" logo, and the franchise will sell more merch. 

Honestly, if I am a kid in the LA area trying to pick a team to rep, I'd be drawn to the chargers logo before the Rams logo, and would get chargers gear before I'd buy Rams gear. I'm sure the Rams ownership doesn't want that to be the case. 

Personally, I am underwhelmed by the new designs here. The Ram head is alright. The LA one is awful. But, it's not better than the old logo. I don't see why they don't just update that logo with the new color scheme. 

• Like 1

Seriously though, are they actually just trolling right now because they're bored with all the social distancing and stuff?  That cannot be their actual new logo.  That's immeasurably worse than when the Jaguars turned their logo into a Cheetos cat for a laugh, and then actually kept it.

11 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

social distancing from St Louis ?

Consensus seems to be that the ram is better than the LA. But, if you look at the nose/face area of the ram, it's hard not to notice the "fallacy" in thinking it's a good logo. Hate to be "that guy", but that's what it looks like. Someone pointed it out to me, and I can't un-see it...

Not a Rams fan, but I hope they change it...