Hoop or Robby?

Brit Pack

Hoop or Robby?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. There is not many receiving options available in FA and if we want to get more weapons in besides the draft, I see there are two realistic possibilities and they are both going to cost about the same amount $11 -$12m a season. Out of these two players who would you prefer?

• Robby Anderson, WR
    • Austin Hopper, TE
    • Keep the money in the bank

31 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Lazard was a fine 2 last year. I expect him to be better this year as well. 

I like Lazard, and hope he is going to take a jump, but I don't want to just assume that. I feel like thats what we did with Allison, and decisions like that are why we are so thin at WR in the first place.

52 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Lazard was a fine 2 last year.

2019:

Receptions: Adams (83) Jones (49) Williams (39) Graham (38) Lazard (35)
Targets: Adams (127) Jones (68) Graham (60) MVS (56) Allison (55) Lazard (52)
Yards: A29.8dams (997) Lazard (477) Jones (474) MVS (452) Graham (447)
Yards p/Game: Adams (83) Lazard (29) Jones (30) MVS (28) Graham (28)

I dont think I'm ragging on the guy if I say (just generally speaking) that I'd like our #2 to produce more.

59 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I expect him to be better this year as well. 

We all hope so.

Eh.  Going from memory here, Lazard did not start out the season seeing the field.

Looks like he got into the game week 6 against the Lions.

So if you are looking at his stats, you are looking at 10 games worth.  Not 16.

If you extrapolate them out, it is a 56 catch season.  763 yards.

Pro Football focus has him getting 44% of the snaps.  If Lazard is truly the #2 moving forward he will get more snaps, which should lead to more opportunity.

Not saying I wouldn't rather grab someone else, am saying that Lazard can function as a #2.  

21 minutes ago, Leader said:

2019:

Receptions: Adams (83) Jones (49) Williams (39) Graham (38) Lazard (35)
Targets: Adams (127) Jones (68) Graham (60) MVS (56) Allison (55) Lazard (52)
Yards: A29.8dams (997) Lazard (477) Jones (474) MVS (452) Graham (447)
Yards p/Game: Adams (83) Lazard (29) Jones (30) MVS (28) Graham (28)

I dont think I'm ragging on the guy if I say (just generally speaking) that I'd like our #2 to produce more.

We all hope so.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2020 at 8:35 PM, Nick_gb said:

Neither for me but if I have to pay a pass-catcher it's going to be Hooper, this is a strong WR draft class and a rather weak TE class. Not to mention TE's don't really have a big impact in their rookie seasons.  

Essentially, if I'm going to use Free Agency to fill needs, it's going to be where the draft is weak not at its strength.

Draft is weak on TE's so Hooper or even Ebron would be a nice fit.  Draft looks strong at WR and I assume OT will need to be addressed in R1 and WR after that. 

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Eh.  Going from memory here, Lazard did not start out the season seeing the field. Looks like he got into the game week 6 against the Lions. So if you are looking at his stats, you are looking at 10 games worth.  Not 16. If you extrapolate them out, it is a 56 catch season.  763 yards. Pro Football focus has him getting 44% of the snaps.  If Lazard is truly the #2 moving forward he will get more snaps, which should lead to more opportunity. Not saying I wouldn't rather grab someone else, am saying that Lazard can function as a #2. 

Fair point - but - Spotrac indicates Lazard played in 12 games last year.
Can he function as GB's #2 this year? Perhaps so.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

If we're run-to-set-up-the-pass orientated, then Lazard is a shoe-in at WR2. However, if we're more balanced, he'd need to take a step forward. What he has going for him is room to improve, an incredible work ethic, and most importantly the trust of Aaron Rodgers...

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Specials snaps.

44% of offensive snaps.  That's all he played.  It puts your stats you referenced in correct context.  

We can infer whatever we wish, but the stats needed to be explained a little deeper.

3 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

That’s not a given. And with his lack of pedigree and athleticism unlikely . 

Yeah, zero problems with Lazards athleticism. That won't be a hindrance for him. Pedigree is such an odd variable. Would you rather have kevin white than Lazard? If we cant make "a bunch of 3's", including a high draft pick work, we arent going anywhere regardless. 

Hooper isnt capable of being target 2 anyways.