Bills sign CB Josh Norman

SteelKing728

37 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Hope he starts and leads the defense in snaps...

He wont, he will likely get 40-45% snaps on defense max next year. He will split time with the starting CB2 in Levi Wallace. Hyde, Poyer, and Tre will be the ones with the most snaps on defense in the DBs section.

Honestly, one of the better landing spots for him to try and regain some magic in his game. Buffalo or SF. Good schemes that he's comfortable with, minimize his weaknesses, good talent up front to minimize exposure. 

Solid buy low signing by the Bills in my opinion. Wouldn't expect much, but doesn't mean that you should avoid taking the chance. 

If he can show up to work with a good attitude and focus on football, I still think he has another 2-3 years of quality play left in the tank. This move is zero risk for the Bills. He should fare better being a #2CB with way better safety support

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

He wont, he will likely get 40-45% snaps on defense max next year. He will split time with the starting CB2 in Levi Wallace. Hyde, Poyer, and Tre will be the ones with the most snaps on defense in the DBs section.

Oh, I know he won’t. But I hope he does. The Bills don’t need more help...

32 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Can he play slot corner? 

And can he tackle well?

If he can play under the fs it shouldnt be too bad  he is a smart player?

he doesnt need to play in the slot they have turon johnson and siran neal doing that. He is simply a depth move and veteran presence at the moment for the bills DBs corp. 

• Like 1

I feel like Josh Norman is pretty much the perfect example in how scheme dependent CBs can be.  He can be either practically elite, or total trash...depending on how you use him, and the caliber of players surrounding him in that secondary...and even more importantly...how quickly that front can get home and apply pressure.