Bills sign CB Josh Norman

SteelKing728

Well i think this is a low risk move for us. Schematically this move shojld be able to help Norman. Goes back to the defense that made him an Elite corner. And even if it doesnt work out we will still most likely have Levi Wallace on roster.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Yep, but McDermott is a secondary genius so I have faith he will at least make Norman serviceableĀ 

Fingers crossed. I donā€™t think he has anything left to offer.Ā 

I really hope it works out for him but he was god awful. We were bringing in corners off the street and they were starting ahead of him and it had nothing to do with them being upset with him or anything. The moment he came in the game against the Eagles Greg Ward immediately scored a TD on him. Just a really really rough year for him. Heā€™s a really good dude though and was awesome in the community so Iā€™m rooting for him to get it back together.Ā 

This contract puts him as the 33rd highest average per year and it's only for 1 year (you tend to pay more money per year in short contracts). He's basically recieving CB#3 money for just a year. Taking into account that he unites with McDermott it looks like a pretty decent deal despite how bad he played in DC.

To me its not a big deal signing as a Bills fan, it means that he will compete with the Bills #2 CB in Levi Wallace as he is an ERFA and will be picked up. This is what they have done in the past they traded for Ej Gaines in the Watkins deal, he was an injury prone guy at the time however when he got to Buffalo he panned out great for them. He hit free agency and his asking price at the time was more then what Beane and McDermott weren't willing to pay. He ended up settling for a 1 year 6 mil deal with the Browns as the Bills didn't wait around and added Vontae Davis to the team on a 1 year deal in 2018. DavisĀ ended up quitting however their UDFA Rookie Levi Wallace turned out to be a gem. Then 2019 offseason came and they signed Kevin Johnson to a cheap 1 year 5 mil deal and he competed with Wallace got some reps on the field and had a solid season for himself. He is now expected to seek a bigger contract then what Beane and McDermott are willing to give which now is where the bills are at and signing Norman is a mere competition and depth move with little risk involved. McDermott can get him to face #2 WRs rather then #1s and he has top tier Safeties to help him out if need be. All in all this is a low risk high reward signing. Bills still have 76 mil in cap space and fills the CB need they were looking to fill and now can focus for free agency to start at a different position

Edited by soflbillsfan