Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

5 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

That's interesting. Last night our district sent out a really great email about:

• doing what you have time to do when you have time to do it
  • taking time to do family things and not just grinding through the lesson plan
  • modifying the assignments to fit your child's ability
  • reiterating that none of the assignments are going to be graded

I feel very fortunate that our school district is trying to be accommodating like all of the other organizations that are being impacted right now.

I get it, they’re been fine, but it’s just like, “yeah, I still have a bunch of crap to do for my job, life hasn’t stopped”.  

13 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Germany has over 13,000 cases but only around 30 deaths. Are they doing something no one else is doing?

I don’t know, but I’m predicting a run on sauerkraut in the US next.

• Like 3

Isolating myself the best I can on my days off so I don’t take germs from the big city into the little rural county (zero confirmed cases as of yesterday) I work in. A gas station down the road doesn’t have any gas pumps right now so it’s a really really low traffic store, been doing my shopping there. 

I’m assuming lower traffic stores are the better option, there’s probably several hundred if not a thousand fewer customers in and out every day.

Someone tell me my assumption is correct. Waiting for some legitimate smart doctor on twitter to point out I’m an idiot tho 

26 minutes ago, Dome said:

Isolating myself the best I can on my days off so I don’t take germs from the big city into the little rural county (zero confirmed cases as of yesterday) I work in. A gas station down the road doesn’t have any gas pumps right now so it’s a really really low traffic store, been doing my shopping there. 

I’m assuming lower traffic stores are the better option, there’s probably several hundred if not a thousand fewer customers in and out every day.

Someone tell me my assumption is correct. Waiting for some legitimate smart doctor on twitter to point out I’m an idiot tho 

And this is how dome killed an entire community.

My brother is one of the Security Supervisors at Savannah College of Art and Design in Savannah Georgia. He had to go to every room (14,000 students) and kick out every student out of the school so that they can disinfect the school and they rooms. The bad part is some of these kids were from other countries and didn't have anywhere to go. I asked him if they had set something up for these kids paying 40k or more a year and as far as he knew he had no idea where they were going.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And this is how dome killed an entire community.

Hey man it’s something I’m legitimately concerned about, especially since it’s the community my parents (healthy issues) and grandparents live in 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

My brother is one of the Security Supervisors at Savannah College of Art and Design in Savannah Georgia. He had to go to every room (14,000 students) and kick out every student out of the school so that they can disinfect the school and they rooms. The bad part is some of these kids were from other countries and didn't have anywhere to go. I asked him if they had set something up for these kids paying 40k or more a year and as far as he knew he had no idea where they were going.

That really sucks.