Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

20 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I won't argue the US deaths, although it's just a matter of time. But I'm not sure why you're focused on just the US and UK.

The youngest in Wuhan was in his 30s, as of January.

However, every chart has .2% of deaths in every single age group except <10. That means 10-19 year olds are dying too, just at a lower rate.

Ope

A 34-year-old man has died in California after testing positive of coronavirus just days ago, and 2 weeks after visiting Walt Disney World and Universal Studios in Florida ... TMZ has learned.

Jeffrey Ghazarian from Glendora, CA, died Thursday morning at a Pasadena hospital after spending 5 days hooked up to a ventilator and battling for his life ... according to his family.

Source

@rob_shadows

Edited by kingseanjohn

1 minute ago, N4L said:

Yes, not sure if I said this a few pages back when I told everyone to take zinc, but you need to take it with a meal. It can be hard on your intestines 

From what I have read, you can take up for 40mg a day before you get zinc-toxicity. That's a lot. Obviously that depends on your height weight etc but that's what multiple articles stipulated 

I have 50mg tablets that I bought recently. I am taking 25mg every other day with a meal. Even that seems a tad excessive 

Yeah, I think the recommendation too is if you're going to regularly take zinc you ought to try to increase the natural cultures (like fermented stuffs - not booze fermented stuffs) in your diet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, N4L said:

Haven't heard from @beekay414 in a bit. How you feeling big guy 

Weird. My symptoms have come and gone. I feel like complete crap at one point in the day and then feel like normal, except with a cough, at another point. It's like a rollercoaster. At least for me it has been. When I do sleep, I sleep for 13-14 hours and then anytime I even lay my head on my pillow, my eyes roll into the back of my head and I pass out. Just stupid weird.

2 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Very sad, he did have asthma and bronchitis so he was in the higher risk group but it doesn't make it any less sad to see.

Also very sad he was approved for anti-viral treatment and never got the drugs

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Very sad, he did have asthma and bronchitis so he was in the higher risk group but it doesn't make it any less sad to see.

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

Argh I have those things!!!

I'll just quote the article again so there isn't any confusion:

It appears Jeffrey was an at-risk patient. He had a history of asthma and frequent bronchitis as a child, though he outgrew that. He also had beat testicular cancer back in 2016.

He had it as a child and outgrew it.

4 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I'll just quote the article again so there isn't any confusion:

He had it as a child and outgrew it.

Outgrew doesn't mean it didn't have lasting effects unfortunately, and I'd imagine beating cancer has a permanent effect on your immune system as well.

I'd imagine those are the reasons they say he was still an at risk patient.

And definitely agree with the post above, the fact that he got approved for the antivirals and couldn't get them in time is tragic.

Edited by rob_shadows

31 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Weird. My symptoms have come and gone. I feel like complete crap at one point in the day and then feel like normal, except with a cough, at another point. It's like a rollercoaster. At least for me it has been. When I do sleep, I sleep for 13-14 hours and then anytime I even lay my head on my pillow, my eyes roll into the back of my head and I pass out. Just stupid weird.

hang tough.

have you been to the doctor and what are they telling you to do

52 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Not a cure but along with other therapies would potentially make the disease much less serious to the point where we could return to semi-normal life and wouldnt have to worry as much about failure of hospitals 

If we keep the people who can take chloroquine or whatever other anti-viral treatments we find that work out of the hospitals its also a lot better for those who cant take those treatments, because we are freeing up ventilators and doctors time for them, getting doctors back to health again when they catch it, and keeping the economy moving in the meantime 

Very encouraging news

It is, let's all hope the reports are true and it works.  Would be a MAJOR lift to the health care system.  On the flip side, I feel like people are going to break their current quarantines/containment if they start to just assume there is a "cure".  

47 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Yup.  Like I said, it's the zinc that's the concern because zinc in very small doses can have benefits, but zinc-toxicity carries some serious side-effects (just off the top of my head, I know that zinc-toxicity often causes the exhibition of "flu-like symptoms" - and that could cause an even greater amount of panic as people then mistakenly think that they're showing symptoms despite thinking they've been inoculated ... and well, you do the math...) for both cardiac and stomach/digestive patients (which, again mostly just spitballing here but I'd feel fairly safe in the assumption, South Koreans probably deal with a ton less than Americans do just based on comparative diets and widespread obesity of here).

I would 1,000% bet that is true.  Italy may have an issue as well just given their diets, but in general the times i have been there do seem more healthy.   I am not sure if any other country has such widespread cardiac/obesity issues as we do...too lazy to look it up but essentially every day my wife comes home and 90% of the patients she sees has self inflicted diabetes and doesn't understand why they do not get better.   Really a shame people are more willing to take pills and be on medicine vs just cleaning up their diets and living healthy.  I understand economics and such play a roll in that but there is always a way. 

41 minutes ago, N4L said:

Yes, not sure if I said this a few pages back when I told everyone to take zinc, but you need to take it with a meal. It can be hard on your intestines 

From what I have read, you can take up for 40mg a day before you get zinc-toxicity. That's a lot. Obviously that depends on your height weight etc but that's what multiple articles stipulated 

I have 50mg tablets that I bought recently. I am taking 25mg every other day with a meal. Even that seems a tad excessive 

Zinc on an empty stomach = AWFUL.  I take zinc off and on during "sick or allergy" seasons and unfortunately it sometimes overlaps with a fasting diet and I get reminded very quickly to not make that a first thing in the morning pill.  Brutal stuff.