Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Been quarantining in North Bend, WA in my wife's grandma's home (she lives with her boyfriend so house is empty). Think I might try to buy a house here in a few years. Ordered take out beers and pizza from the Snoqualmie Brewery to try and support local business. So many friends owning or working in local breweries aren't convinced they'll survive the month.

Edited by titansNvolsR#1
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Been quarantining in North Bend, WA in my wife's grandma's home (she lives with her boyfriend so house is empty). Think I might try to buy a house here in a few years. Ordered take out beers and pizza from the Snoqualmie Brewery to try and support local business. So many friends owning or working in local breweries aren't convinced they'll survive the month.

Hiding out in and among the Cascade Foothills is pretty dope place to quarantine. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Hiding out in and among the Cascade Foothills is pretty dope place to quarantine. 

It’s been amazing so far. This town is gorgeous.  Looked up some houses in this area. This house is 60 years old and 1000sq. feet. Hasn’t been updated in 30 years. It’s 480k. Cheapest house I’ve found in North Bend/Snoqualmie area. How do people own houses here... 

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not sure if this was a joke or not....

It's a little bit of both.

One of the other teachers in my department already got an angry email from a parent complaining that they weren't given "a thorough enough syllabus."  We had a day to prep those, for more classes than just the one their kid is in.  Parents these days are quick to blame teachers SO MUCH for their kids doing poorly or not making the marks they believe they should.  Anything to escape blaming their kids or acknowledging that their kid is a lazy youknowwhat and that they (parents) aren't doing much of anything to correct that or take part in their learning at home.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

It's a little bit of both.

One of the other teachers in my department already got an angry email from a parent complaining that they weren't given "a thorough enough syllabus."  We had a day to prep those, for more classes than just the one their kid is in.  Parents these days are quick to blame teachers SO MUCH for their kids doing poorly or not making the marks they believe they should.  Anything to escape blaming their kids or acknowledging that their kid is a lazy youknowwhat and that they (parents) aren't doing much of anything to correct that or take part in their learning at home.

I bet.

As a new teacher with 3 whole homeschool days under my belt, I’m ready to quit.

Bless you patient, wonderful souls who get my wonderful kid out of the house 40 hours a week.

• Like 4

Teaching is one example of a profession where the Dunning-Kruger effect runs rampant.

Everyone thinks they know better than their kid’s teacher... until they actually have to teach something.

Maybe this little break from school is the slice of humble pie a lot of parents need.

• Like 6

In all seriousness, pay teachers whatever they want. It is truly a thankless job. The things that my aunt tells me as a kindergarten teacher at my son’s school are truly unbelievable. You are fighting the administration, parents, students, and your bills while shaping the future of our country. It’s a pretty thankless job, and I admire the passion that educators have.

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

Am I the only one that feels like Mass transit should probably be in avoid? 

I don’t know how someone who doesn’t have a car and lives paycheck to paycheck is supposed to avoid mass transit. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, pwny said:

I don’t know how someone who doesn’t have a car and lives paycheck to paycheck is supposed to avoid mass transit. 

Get a better job, stop paying for **** they don’t need, use condoms instead of having more kids, ride a bike, be better with money, move somewhere cheaper.

• Like 1